What have you done to your MS3 today?

Just ordered a short ram intake and Access Port from Cobb. Should be at my house on Monday when I get home for the first time in 3 months.

why the change Kyros?
I have seen a couple of SURE parts being mentioned on the forums lately, whats up with them>i will look into it of course.
But what is the attraction.

SU is not a forum sponsor. They can't even be named on this site...

SURE is just street unit's new brand name. It all looks pretty but I don't know about the quality. Could be great for all I know.

For me, it isn't their parts but their customer service that stands out. I know a few people may have had their issues, but personally I grade them an A++. Two stories that exemplify this:

1. I contact a certain 'forum-sponsored vendor who also has a name that is shortcut with two capital letters' on here about getting specific new spark plugs. No response for a week. Then I contact SU--spark plugs were custom ordered and could take up to a week.....they were at my door in two days! I never did hear back from that other place.... Nor will I ever contact them again.

2. Looking to purchase BC Coilovers. Out of stock at SU, but I am given a sweet price and notified as soon as they are back in stock. I receive daily emails from two different guys working on my order, as well as an email from the shop owner making sure everything is going okay. This proves to me that they communicate between each other to make sure the customer is satisfied. One month later, I receive a follow up email from the owner, making sure I am still happy with my purchase.

*Disclaimer: I am at the concrete (basic) level of their sponsorship series. #1 event happened well before....#2 happened as I received sponsorship. I honestly don't have any SURE products on my car, nor do I feel the need to switch my current mods over to SURE components. But I will be considering purchasing any new items they come out with, especially a FMIC and exhaust!

Last edited:
"More money out of my pocket." sorry to hear all this bad stuff Smoke. Nobody should have to deal with crap like that. Second motor and same issue, thats crazy.

Thanks bud. I appreciate the support.

I was just fed up. I've been putting up with this car and all of it's issues since 60,000km (when the first motor threw a rod on the highway).

2 weeks after that it was a new turbo.

10,000km after that it is was a tranny rebuild due to the 2nd gear grind. Had Mazda install the ACT street clutch kit at the same time. I have been fortunate to have everything done under warranty, but I literally have not driven my car in the summer months since 60,000km (now at 95,000km) which works out to about 3 summers without my car. My B4000 is alright, but not my favorite in the summer months...

Just had Mazda replace my clutch and flywheel with OEM parts due to the ACT rattling like a diesel at idle since it was put in (I had Mazda dismantle and recheck it twice after it was put in, ACT was no help). That was $2700. Had the O2 sensor replaced. That was $450.

This time I fear it will be a new motor and out of my pocket. I kind of wish Mazda would have voided my warranty the first time around so I could have just dropped a built motor in and made sure it was done correctly.

Anyways, not trying to bring everyone down, I just wanted to mention again that I appreciate the support.

I personally haven't had any of they're products yet, but i have not heard anything bad about them and they have great reviews! Besides, we all research and read what everyone else says about suppliers and what not. SURE seems to be a well rounded company, new, but well rounded and sounds like they have some integrity. That's why I've decided to give them a try.

"Thanks bud. I appreciate the support."
wish i could help or even have a look at your car myself, all i can do is wish you luck
Su has excellent service indeed

cobb dp and new hole-less mustache

jajajajaja i need to stop

after i get meth and a manifold and coilovers

this s*** never ends

Made my CAI into a SRI (just removed the lower pipe), everyone is always talking about SRI this and SRI that, so I want to see what the big deal is.

Friend installed su test pipe on car. Quicker boost response and now sounds meaner! I love it!

I placed an order for the su test pipe but I was told that they have been discontinued. They're going to carry sure test pipes instead. Trying to decide if I should wait until it's available or go with cs instead.

Installed my Sure Countershift this afternoon. It replaced my PG one, and I have to say, I feel a difference for sure. Quality of this product and functionality is better. It's lighter and makes shifting more fun. Coupled with a STS it's perfect! Overall- 10 out of 10!
60d73b0f.jpg

0c56e824.jpg

Last edited:

god i remember when i said just an intake and test pipe......now look where i am

2008 MGM MS3 - Cobb SRI w/Amsoil Dry Flow, Cobb TIP, Cobb FMIC, Cobb DP, Cobb CBE, Cobb STS, Cobb SW, Cobb AP, CP-e HPFP, CP-e Safe Seals, CP-e DH Mount, MSD DH, SU Base Bushings, SU Recirc Tube, MD OCC, Hotchkis Swaybars, SURE TIG's, RX8's powdercoated "Ultra Black Chrome" wrapped in 245/40 Starspec's, Shaved, 30% Tint, Jbarone Dogbone RMM, Jbarone Shift Knob, Topspeed Solid LCA Bushings

Back