What have you done to your MS3 today?

I think that I'm going to go with axles from Mazda Motorsports at about $180 a piece. But I'm confused by the parts catalog...

25-400 and 25-400Z are parts I want... The catalog lists 2 part numbers for that:

25-400 GG46-25-500C DRIVE SHAFT RT $360.64
25-400 GG44-25-500R-0D CV AXLE $178.25

If I need both of those that's over $500 in which case I'll just say F-it and go with an aftermarket piece and take my chances. I need to call them and get it figured out unless someone here has the answer?

Hey Will I bought the EMPI axles off rockauto and they look pretty nice for only being 160ish for both!

We also need to do an axle install party because Ivan needs to get his drivers side done as well!

Jake, I read some bad juju about the EMPI axles on msf. Did you see any of that before you ordered them?

Oh and I'm definitely down for an axle install party!

Jake, I read some bad juju about the EMPI axles on msf. Did you see any of that before you ordered them?

Oh and I'm definitely down for an axle install party!

I read that as well that's why I'm steering away from them. I'm going to call MazToy today and see what they have an how much. Mazdaspeed axles are $90 + $85 core charge per axle. But unfortunately there is no way to get the core charge back so I'm not sure why they call it a core charge.

I'm down for an install party but I'm not sure when I'm going to have time.

Will please let us know about the Mazda axles. I prefer to go OEM. Depending on the setup, I might buy a boot kit and do it myself. It looks like the driver's side is serviceable like any other joint and I've found a boot kit that comes with everything. Oh and it is my inner boot and not my outer.

From Mazdaspeed they're $90 + $85 core charge which you can't get back because apparently they don't have the staff to process core returns lol. So basically they're $175-180 a piece for re-manufactured ones. Or new ones are $360 a piece IIRC. I'm going to go with the remans.

The good; drove an exceedingly fun road with lots of twists and elevation changes. The bad; the road had several miles worth of 'fresh oil loose gravel' which resulted in a cracked windshield. it's being replaced tomorrow, i hope they don't screw up the light/rain sensor in the process. I also determined that I do not like my new Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110s -- they ride very nice, but the sidewalls are very soft and there's no cornering feel, turn-in is less crisp and they generally feel sloppy; they cost 1/2 as much as the stock potenzas but are only 1/2 as good.

That's cool with me. Did you get the whole part number thing figured out?

CV AXLE (Right)
Part No : GG44-25-500R-0D
$178.25

CV AXLE (Left)
Part No : GG44-25-600R-0D
$179.18

I'm probably going to put off getting these until end of August beginning of September because I don't have time to change them and I'm driving the Miata every day anyways.

Did a log. Latest revision...
f4mb9s.jpg

You'll love the conversion. No surprise the new ones use it stock from the factory. I have a feeling I'll need tires by winter. I probably need 'em now, but it'll have to wait.

Didn't do anything to the car, but I ordered a few goodies for it. Tial Qr CP-e BPV kit, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, DNP Turbo Manifold, and SURE Short Cut. Can't wait!

Back