What have you done to your Miata today?

Finally got it in and done. Reused the old links in the front as they didn't seem to have any slop in them.

Car feels better in the corners but won't be able to tell till I get the car back on the track in a few weeks.

Have a chance to get those new mounts in Bruce?

Today was new brake rotors and pads on all four corners along with an oil change.

I also...finally....found that annoying rattle that I have been hearing when I accelerate. When I installed the FSTB, I dropped one of the bolts that mounts the cowl bracket to the firewall. I searched along the plastic engine liners and didn't find it and figured it fell out while driving as I never found it in the driveway. What do I see when I roll under the car to remove the oil pan shield? A bolt sticking out of the hole in the middle of the shield (the hole was too small for the head to fall through so it was just dangling there). :unsure: On my way to bed in the brakes, that annoying rattling was no more! :D

Nice Jeff.

Yes I did. All the garages couldn't do it until Oct which would be too late for my last lapping day and autox. Soooo.

Looked the procedure up on Miata.net and found that it wasn't that bad. So I tackled the job today and got the new mounts in in about 3 hours. Wasn't a hard job just a little finicky.

Also replaced the bushings in the AWR engine brace. Strangely the motor mounts were ok but the AWR bushings were shot.

Test drive seems to be more secure under hard load shifting.

Looking forward to lapping tomorrow with new mounts and stiffer sways.

Lapping went smoothly with no issues. Car seems to corner flatter and the shifting is more direct and tight.

Last autox is this Saturday for it's final test before being out to bed for winter.

Where did the summer go.

Time flys and faster the older you get! 😬

Ain't that the truth!

Back in the day when I had to work for a living (I've been retired since 1/2014) I remember how fast the weekends went and how slowly the work week seemed to go, even though I enjoyed my job.

Now that everyday is Saturday/Sunday the time flies by! It's as if I'm now on weekend time all the time and it goes by so quickly.

Oh well, at least the time is all my own, fast or not.

Last edited:
Agreed, time flies the older you get. When I was younger it seemed like the school year would never end. Now I look back and wonder where in the hell the year(s) went.

Washed her up after a grueling 15 hr drive 🥵! She’s in her NC home until January.

Attachments

• CA6EC21C-1FA0-464A-9F25-643C4D0C5C29.jpeg
    CA6EC21C-1FA0-464A-9F25-643C4D0C5C29.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 145
Went racing with friends until my NA starting acting up mid session. Couldn't figure out what was this issue as it seemed to be heat related so I had to retire the car. Ended up having to replace Cam Angle Sensor at a rest stop 30 miles into my 120 mile trip from the track back to home. Luckily I brought a spare with me thanks to the recommendations of other Spec Miata guys track essentials list.

Attachments

• Miataz.jpg
    Miataz.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 127
So the last AutoX was a bust. Raining hard and part of the lot doesn't drain well and flooded a third of the lot. Then the lightning started so it was cancelled.

Oh well. I had a great fall weather wise and drove the car to work most days in the sun and warmth. So Mia will go into storage next weekend and wait for spring.

So the last AutoX was a bust. Raining hard and part of the lot doesn't drain well and flooded a third of the lot. Then the lightning started so it was cancelled.

Oh well. I had a great fall weather wise and drove the car to work most days in the sun and warmth. So Mia will go into storage next weekend and wait for spring.
Winter sucks! I just put my girl to bed until January in NC. I’m fortunate to be able to drive 10 months! 😉

Back