What have you done to your Miata today?

Who knows what I'm planning? For scale the white pieces are .5x12x36"

Attachments

• foam.jpg
    foam.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 145
teaser picture. This was while I was contouring/smoothing/etc. Right now I'm waiting for first layer of fiberglass to dry :)
278426643_Hqtgw-S.jpg

Sweetness, Fadi. Did you wind tunnel test the design with 14 hair dryers in a hallway? ;)

BTW, I've finally crushed Dru's spirit. She's ok'd the purchase of a Miata for my post-school daily driver! :D I'm either going to have to go 1.6L, or add an airbag switch to a 1.8L, but I'm sticking with an NA, and it's not going to be another red one. I'm so over pink bumpers!

The fleet will be:
P5, MPV, MX-5,
and when money allows:
P5, Mazda5, MX-5
...which sounds about perfect to me! :D

Wind tunnel testing was done with a leaf blower. ;)

I'm glad Dru is allowing you to get anothe Miata lol

Last edited:
well, that didn't work. Stupid fiberglass is a pain to work with on such a large piece without some type of mold. Time for plan 'b'.

Actually...just got off the phone with the mechanic.
He got the car started...but it doesn't sound right...so he's getting an electrician to come over and check everything over.
At least I know the car runs.

Actually...just got off the phone with the mechanic.
He got the car started...but it doesn't sound right...so he's getting an electrician to come over and check everything over.
At least I know the car runs.

It's the ignitor connector. Same problem I mentioned earlier.

Yeah ok...I figured that's what it was.
So I replaced that old one with a new to me one.
Like I said...it cranks up...I have not personally been by to see it yet because I'm stuck @ work. :(

Ok...got off the phone & the car does not crank over.
mechanic states that there's something wrong with the eletronics on the module...they are going to fix it and hopefully it will be done tonight.
GD this SUCCCCCCCCCKS!

Back