What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Excellent! Can you tell us what the diameter is of your new cat-back exhaust? What did you use for a resonator and for your muffler? Any part numbers would be appreciated. If you like how your new CAI functions, will you be posting up a how-to?

Put on the winter shoes. Found one screw and one nail in the summer tires and the inside of almost every single tire was showing wear! I'm tired of this car killing the inside tread of my tires!

Last edited:
Put on the winter shoes. Found one screw and one nail in the summer tires and the inside of almost every single tire was showing wear! I'm tired of this car killing the inside tread of my tires!
Same happening here with the tread, getting on my nerves already.
Anyhoot,
Changed rear brake pads today. Akebono Oem pads were put on, old pads were very close to being completely gone and I guess they would be after 104,000 miles without having been changed. Luckily no rotor damage (nana)

I just installed adjustable rear camber arms. The install was pretty straight forward. The upper bolts needed a good soaking with liquid wrench. I actually broke a socket extension trying to loosen the passenger side bolt. Somehow the driver side upper bolt was not awful. I was able to get at it with a few extensions. The camber already looks better, this week I will bring it in for its alignment. I am so grateful for all the great DIY information on this site.

My wife and I surprised my Dad with our 3 kids (and a cousin) 847 miles away. I intended to change back to the stockers before the trip but didn't. Very smooth ride all the way down (with the exception of a couple of bridge expansion joints). The 5 was pretty loaded with our luggage, medium cooler, and misc stuff. The car never bottomed out on the H&Rs or rubbed on the Cooper ZEON RS3-S on the RX8 wheels. Today we're going to stop in St. Louis before heading home.

Last edited:
After 104K miles, I hope you replaced your rear rotors too, that is, unless you already changed them out before replacing your original brake pads.

Same happening here with the tread, getting on my nerves already.
Anyhoot,
Changed rear brake pads today. Akebono Oem pads were put on, old pads were very close to being completely gone and I guess they would be after 104,000 miles without having been changed. Luckily no rotor damage (nana)

What have you done with your Mazda5 today?

Today I installed the Morimoto HID kit and factory fog lamps with Nokya 2500K bulbs. Also installed coverking seat covers. Will post pics tomorrow as its already night time... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415807263.303483.jpg

Last edited:
Changed the cabin filter, holy crap was that thing dirty. I guess I should not wait 9 years next time.

My '12 MZ5 GT shes got tinted taillights, painted calipers and lug nuts, Bamboo roof rack (still not sure how I feel about it), eyelids, and window visors! Still lots to come (tint, wheel paint, sound system, Springs or coilovers, new emblems)

Took off the RX8 wheels and put the stickers back on. My H&Rs love the RX8 wheels, the stickers.... ......not as much.

Did an LED bulb conversion on all three light bulbs at the rear. Tail/Stop, turn signal (w/resistors to prevent hyper flash), and back up bulbs. I used Synetic 15 SMD high power LED bulbs rated at 1400 lumens and they are definitely bright and I'm very satisfied with the looks and results.

Here is Synetic's website:

http://www.syneticusa.com/Shop/

My '12 MZ5 GT shes got tinted taillights, painted calipers and lug nuts, Bamboo roof rack (still not sure how I feel about it), eyelids, and window visors! Still lots to come (tint, wheel paint, sound system, Springs or coilovers, new emblems)
Doesn't the bamboo whistle like crazy on the highway?

Did an LED bulb conversion on all three light bulbs at the rear. Tail/Stop, turn signal (w/resistors to prevent hyper flash), and back up bulbs. I used Synetic 15 SMD high power LED bulbs rated at 1400 lumens and they are definitely bright and I'm very satisfied with the looks and results.

Here is Synetic's website:

http://www.syneticusa.com/Shop/

Looks great, I'm all for increased visibility. You planning on illuminating the fake tails in the hatch?

Get a spare set on E-bay and butcher those. That way if something goes sideways during the modification you haven't done any harm to the car. You can also experiment more freely with where to drill the holes/mount the bulbs when the set you are working on don't HAVE to be back on the car that same day....

Getting remaining wheels re-powdercoating. Dropped two off that I'd gotten off Craigslist, but they couldn't match them to the ones that were on the car so they said they would re-coat those as well, for free. I guess I'll have fresh shoes for spring.

Back