What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

I'd challenge him on it. He'll back down.
I might when I go to get my parking brake fixed. It's not totally worth it, there's a guy at Mazda NAO who's "willing" to get the dealer to fix my problems.

Today was a good day for my 3, took it to the dealership and got the work done on the belt tensioner, got the oil changed, and took it for a good long drive. In the next few days I plan on getting the tires rotated, and do a much needed clean to the interior. I won't wash the car until the construction down the street is finished. EDIT: Well yesterday but it's close enough.

My first auto-x last weekend! What a blast! (drive2)

LAP07122009100.jpg

LAP07122009102.jpg

photos by David Fink

in the last week, i re-wired my horns (dont sound like a dying duck anymore), installed my mid-chassis brace, race-pipe and header... i took vids of the car so you can hear the header, race-pipe, ms3 catback combo... should have the vid up tomorrow or wednesday hopefully

question does any one know if i keep the stock OEM head unit and add subs would i be able to remove all the bass from the door speakers or would i have to get an after market radio?

in the last week, i re-wired my horns (dont sound like a dying duck anymore), installed my mid-chassis brace, race-pipe and header... i took vids of the car so you can hear the header, race-pipe, ms3 catback combo... should have the vid up tomorrow or wednesday hopefully
haha you killed the duck?!?!?! that thing was funny!

question does any one know if i keep the stock OEM head unit and add subs would i be able to remove all the bass from the door speakers or would i have to get an after market radio?

I'm really not a stereo guy, but I know it is possible to tap into the door speaker wires to run a crossover/powered sub box or amp. I read about but forget what the adapter is called....
Anybody?

That sounds about right to me, but.... what do I know? :D Thanks.

It takes the high output, line-level signal from the OE amp and reduces it to a pre-amp voltage level, ending in RCA plugs, right?

That sounds about right to me, but.... what do I know? :D Thanks.

It takes the high output, line-level signal from the OE amp and reduces it to a pre-amp voltage level, ending in RCA plugs, right?

yup... easiest place to tap into it would be right behind the stock stereo, plenty of room for the Line Output Converter back there...

would i be able to add to 12's with a 1500 watt amp from the stock stereo cuz i have the 6 in dash changer and that would be a pain in the A** to take it out and typically its more expensive for a double den cd player

I don't see why not, except that your neighbors may not love you anymore.
The new amp would not be drawing power from the OE HU, just taking a signal from it.
I'm sure this is not the cleanest way to drive other speakers, but it should be fairly easy, cheap and a good way of keeping the integrity of the dash... and steering wheel controls too.

thats what im scared of taking integrity from the dash i love the way it looks and do not want to ruin it by putting aftermarket HU and about the neighbors i dnt plan on blastin it thru my apartment complex already got complaints when i added the exhaust

Back