What have you done to your Garage today?

Antoine

Administrator
For those of you that have a Garage (myself not included sadly), what have you done to it today?

Reorganized your tools?

Installed a workbench?

Put up car and or racing memorabilia?

Made a mess doing maintenance on your Mazda? :ROFLMAO:

Let us know and post pics, thanks! 📸

Started sorting through all the spare parts I had. Found a transmission oil filter for a Dodge Durango. Haven't had one in the family for several years. I ended up giving away a box full of stuff I haven't used in years. My luck though, I'll need something from what I just gave away.

Also, finishing up small projects that have been waiting for me for almost a year now. This is making more room in the garage which is encouraging me to roll in the Protege and fix the front main seal and the shifter bushing.

I made a bit of a mess doing an oil change and swapping my all-seasons on a couple of days ago. Just a few drops of old oil on the concrete. No big deal, it gives the garage "character" lol.

Somewhat unrelated, but if any of you guys are considering a lighting upgrade from the incandescent E26 bulbs, look into these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

These LED bulbs are AWESOME. They put out a ridiculous amount of light for what they are. Check out the pictures in the Amazon reviews to get an idea. I highly recommend them, especially if you spend time in your garage doing maintenance or washing the car(s).

I've heard of these and I was thinking about using them. Would you recommend these over the the long LEDs that replace the fluorescent?

Somewhat unrelated, but if any of you guys are considering a lighting upgrade from the incandescent E26 bulbs, look into these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

These LED bulbs are AWESOME. They put out a ridiculous amount of light for what they are. Check out the pictures in the Amazon reviews to get an idea. I highly recommend them, especially if you spend time in your garage doing maintenance or washing the car(s).
I'll have to check these out. I have a 3 car garage with (4) incandescent bulb fixtures. I've installed adapters and hung fluorescent lights in between the incandescents, but it's still not a lot of light. If I install 3 or 4 of these, will I need to wear sunglasses?

Re: the original topic: I really need to clean the garage out. It's nothing more than a 3 car closet at this moment. I need a couple of outbuildings to house my tractor and all the tools I've accumulated so I can make room for other stuff (like my car.)

eta: I watched a review on those lights. They make a 4,000LM and 8,000LM version and one that has motion sensors in it.

Last edited:
I have a 3 car garage
What dreams are made of...🤣

You guys are awesome...Great start to this thread! Do any of you have air conditioning or a ventilation system in your garage? Seems like a luxury item but I bet that would be nice to have, wouldn't it!

How about floor sealants or coatings?

I am going to install this bath fan in the attic access panel in my garage.
My house gets sun on the garage door in the morning and really warms things up so this will help exhaust the heat. 20200405_075354~2.jpg

Not today but this past summer I (finally) painted all of the bare sheet rock (that the builder never painted) and the floor (using concrete paint). It looks so good right now, can't believe I have been in this house for 20 years and didn't do it before. I just kept on putting it off for other projects.

Agreed, CX-5um, that's a nice garage floor. Mine came with a nice crack down the middle so mine looks terrible.

I just continually fill up the garage and make a mess then clean it out so a car fit in it for some work 😂

So my garage is actually an industrial storage unit which means I can make as much noise and mess without pissing off the neighbors! The latest changes have been a really deep clean and sort, adding a new bench light (have added a glare stop strip since this photo) and adding a mini band saw.
20201004_154321.jpg

One entire wall is devoted to bikes and materials, the back wall is the work bench and storage and there's some space in front and behind the car.
20191226_163833.jpg

20201004_154400.jpg

Shed goals include a loft above the bench and more power outlets all around.

subbed. Maybe I'll remember to post something later...

Added 12 4foot led lights above and around the cx-5 for better lighting to help keep it maintained.

I let it have some pale ale for me.

P A

I banished CX-5 and Mazda6 from the garage for making a mess. I told them when I get back they better clean up or else they aren't getting oil
For those of you that have a Garage (myself not included sadly), what have you done to it today?

Reorganized your tools?

Installed a workbench?

Reorganized your tools?

Installed a workbench?

Got tired of the 1977 concrete floor looking like it had been thru a war zone. Decided I would try to do a little clean and upgrade the surface.
Guys, I’m telling ya. This is a time-consuming job. Off and on it took me about a week. But all the PITA cleaning, scraping, sealing gaps, etc. was worth it. Also painted my team’s colors on the lid of our in-ground storm shelter. Anyway, here’s the end result:
B122F8FB-6AB5-44BA-9809-4FD42B560B9B.jpeg

What dreams are made of...🤣

You guys are awesome...Great start to this thread! Do any of you have air conditioning or a ventilation system in your garage? Seems like a luxury item but I bet that would be nice to have, wouldn't it!

How about floor sealants or coatings?
-Gotta be careful with AC/ventilation systems in the garage. Especially if it's tied into or can get into the rest of your home AC/Vent system.
Why?
-Toxic fumes and explosive vapors (without proper outside exhaust ventilation).
--Fumes like CO Carbon Monoxide (silent killer) from exhaust from your engine can get into your home.
--Explosive Vapors (Gasoline-other flammable solvents) can ignite and flame up with a simple spark.
--Even people that charge their electric vehicles inside their garages have been know to blow their garage up/burn their house down from the Hydrogen gas released and igniting while charging their lead acid batteries (not me though).
-That's why codes like NFPA 72 electric codes require 18" above floors for appliances where explosive gases tend to settle in explosive atmospheres.

Attachments

• 91 Ranger EV.JPG
    91 Ranger EV.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 136
-Gotta be careful with AC/ventilation systems in the garage. Especially if it's tied into or can get into the rest of your home AC/Vent system.
Why?
-Toxic fumes and explosive vapors (without proper outside exhaust ventilation).
--Fumes like CO Carbon Monoxide (silent killer) from exhaust from your engine can get into your home.
--Explosive Vapors (Gasoline-other flammable solvents) can ignite and flame up with a simple spark.
--Even people that charge their electric vehicles inside their garages have been know to blow their garage up/burn their house down from the Hydrogen gas released and igniting while charging their lead acid batteries (not me though).
-That's why codes like NFPA 72 electric codes require 18" above floors for appliances where explosive gases tend to settle in explosive atmospheres.
Good info and food for thought, aren't garage ventilation systems designed to always vent outside (and certainly not in a house)? Also, I’ve seen pics of fancy garages with ventilation tubes that can connect to the exhaust system to ensure gases are vented outside.

As for garage AC, isn’t that also always a separate system (seems like it should be)..?

These are good points that need to be taken into account though...Seems like most people leave they’re garage door open for ventilation but in very hot or cold climates, having a climate controlled garage would be nice or even a must it seems...

Good info and food for thought, aren't garage ventilation systems designed to always vent outside (and certainly not in a house)? Also, I’ve seen pics of fancy garages with ventilation tubes that can connect to the exhaust system to ensure gases are vented outside.

As for garage AC, isn’t that also always a separate system (seems like it should be)..?

These are good points that need to be taken into account though...Seems like most people leave they’re garage door open for ventilation but in very hot or cold climates, having a climate controlled garage would be nice or even a must it seems...
Your best hope w/o conditioned garage air is insulated panels in the door(s). I personally have not done this but see advertisements for 15-30 degree differences with inside/outside comparisons.

Imagine the refreshing change when it’s 105F outside and knowing you could be applying ceramic coating or wax to your ride in a cool 90 degrees? Or a balmy 30F when the outside temps are 15F? 😂

Back