What have you done to your CX-9 today?

They offer a chip tune for the 2.5T. 20% increase in HP and torque with dyno results to prove it. I think @sm1ke is the only one on here with it so far

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I bought it from another member here, who had it installed on his CX-5. Just need to find some time to install the JB4, replace the spark plugs (due for maintenance), and reinstall the CS intake. Oh and do an oil change, and swap my winter wheels out. I'll probably just try to squeeze everything in over the course of an afternoon.

Added a phone mount before our last trip. Windshield has a tint so couldn’t attach there. 3D printed some other mounting options over the last few months, but didn’t like how they looked. This also gives the option for other mounts made for the RAM style balls

DC0E57B5-BFAC-43D0-9BBD-F4E2A735A4B6.jpeg

Here’s a quick video I shot before coming home. It isn’t too loud because the windows are up. I did another video with the windows down but all I heard from the video was wind noise. If it sounds like that with the windows up, it must sound louder outside. The turbo spool is very high pitched so I’m not sure if my camera was able to pick it up. I can definitely hear it though. The blow off is the one that’s very pronounced.
View attachment 309842
Thanks for the video! You didn't really rev pass 3k though. I know the meat of the engine is down low.... Was that intentional as it sounds best at that rpm? Heard the bov for sure!

Yeah, unfortunately I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I bought it from another member here, who had it installed on his CX-5. Just need to find some time to install the JB4, replace the spark plugs (due for maintenance), and reinstall the CS intake. Oh and do an oil change, and swap my winter wheels out. I'll probably just try to squeeze everything in over the course of an afternoon.
I'm on the fence.. dooo eeeet! And let me know the results plz plz!

Thanks for the video! You didn't really rev pass 3k though. I know the meat of the engine is down low.... Was that intentional as it sounds best at that rpm? Heard the bov for sure!
Yeah that was intentional. I noticed if the RPMs are higher the spool/sucking sound isn’t as apparent. The sucking sound sounds best at lower RPM and heavier load. Like going up hill in higher gear with the RPM under 4k. You will definitely hear it if RPMs are higher but it’s a really high pitched sound. Not sure if the cameras mic was able to pick up the spool sound in my little clip, but it would be even higher pitch than that.

Last edited:
Hey man, think you can message me when you install this?? I really want to get it but trying to weigh in.. your opinion is valued!

Hey man, think you can message me when you install this?? I really want to get it but trying to weigh in.. your opinion is valued!

Sure thing, I'll mention you once I have it installed and after I've driven the car a bit. I just have a lot going on right now, lol.

Swapped the summer wheels on. I had planned to get started on the JB4 install as well.. but then I realized I installed the rear tires on the wrong sides (they're directional tires). 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

After correcting that mistake, I called it quits for the day lol

I am curious to know what your fuel milage is when you install your JB4 and if you could install it without removing the front bumper.

I am curious to know what your fuel milage is when you install your JB4 and if you could install it without removing the front bumper.

Yes I'm also hoping to avoid removing the front bumper. My car falls within the VIN range for the bumper crack TSB, but it hasn't cracked yet and I don't want to mess with the bumper just in case. On the JB4 forums, they mention that there is a plastic piece right beside the intercooler than just pulls right out, but it doesn't for me. It does seem that I can maneuver that piece out of the way though. I'll have to find some time to play around with it some more.

How hard was it? Any impressions?
It was really really easy to install with the bumper off. Considerably harder for the third connector without bumper removal so I guess pick your poison. I see you saw my other post. Low end feels generally the same. Higher RPMs feel so much better. Yet to test 0-60 but I think it competes better now

It was really really easy to install with the bumper off. Considerably harder for the third connector without bumper removal so I guess pick your poison. I see you saw my other post. Low end feels generally the same. Higher RPMs feel so much better. Yet to test 0-60 but I think it competes better now
Nice! Can you install some decent 0-60 apps and test it out?? What map are you running?

Nice! Can you install some decent 0-60 apps and test it out?? What map are you running?
Sure! I’ve not bothered with any of those types of apps before though. Any suggestions? iOS for me. Map 2 as I have 93 available easily

Yeah, I saw that after I asked!

Sure! I’ve not bothered with any of those types of apps before though. Any suggestions? iOS for me. Map 2 as I have 93 available easily
No clue for iOS but maybe go with a decent rating from the app store..?
Really curious to see your numbers.

Back