What have you done to your CX-9 today?

I thought the same thing and was typing a response that was similar. Unfortunately, we are both incorrect. Further down the page, they do state which vehicles it works in, and the CX-9 isn’t listed. I think this is an oversight by the team than manages the webpage since we have seen a CX-9 on a dyno and your own product in hand seems to fit

View attachment 308737

Yeah, I'm thinking the same in that it's an oversight. Especially since there is no such thing as a 2017 or 2018 CX-5 with the 2.5L turbo. But they're probably just listing the "generations". So if you have a 2nd gen CX-5, or a 3rd gen Mazda6, and you have a turbo engine, it'll work.

Thanks - let me know how your install goes @sm1ke sounds like a good way to add what i feel like the vehicle needs just a little more oomph. I also found some short youtube clips that appears to be a couple of different CX9 with the jb4. Also does anyone know, does the jb4 also have the E85 monitor/sensor?

Thanks - let me know how your install goes @sm1ke sounds like a good way to add what i feel like the vehicle needs just a little more oomph. I also found some short youtube clips that appears to be a couple of different CX9 with the jb4. Also does anyone know, does the jb4 also have the E85 monitor/sensor?

Yeah I've seen a couple of Youtube videos of the JB4 installed on a CX-9 as well. You probably saw the same one I did, with the audio kind of jumbled and the JB4 mounted on the left side of the engine instead of near the battery. That version was before the MAF sensor harness was added.

The JB4 itself doesn't have an E85 monitor/sensor, but Burger Tuning recently posted the E85 monitor/sensor on their site for the Mazda3. Not sure if it would work for any other Mazda models yet.

Finally broke down and got the 2nd/3rd row floor liners (to match the front and cargo). Just had to pull out the factory carpeted mats first.....

Floor_Mats_009.jpg

Floor_Mats_010.jpg

Floor_Mats_011.jpg

Floor_Mats_012.jpg

Floor_Mats_013.jpg

Floor_Mats_014.jpg

Floor_Mats_015.jpg

Yeah I've seen a couple of Youtube videos of the JB4 installed on a CX-9 as well. You probably saw the same one I did, with the audio kind of jumbled and the JB4 mounted on the left side of the engine instead of near the battery. That version was before the MAF sensor harness was added.

The JB4 itself doesn't have an E85 monitor/sensor, but Burger Tuning recently posted the E85 monitor/sensor on their site for the Mazda3. Not sure if it would work for any other Mazda models yet.
Ahh, thanks for both clarifications @sm1ke Good Stuff!

Well, it finally happened. The wife took the car to work today, and when she came home and parked the car, she didn't drive into the garage enough, and the door closed right on the liftgate. On top of that, because the garage door has an emergency stop, the garage door didn't close and it was left wide open.

Excluding the two hit and run incidents, she has been the cause of 95% of the damage to the car, including the wheel damage on three of my summer wheels.

This has really killed my interest in continuing to mod the car and keep it looking good. 😔

Well, it finally happened. The wife took the car to work today, and when she came home and parked the car, she didn't drive into the garage enough, and the door closed right on the liftgate. On top of that, because the garage door has an emergency stop, the garage door didn't close and it was left wide open.

Excluding the two hit and run incidents, she has been the cause of 95% of the damage to the car, including the wheel damage on three of my summer wheels.

This has really killed my interest in continuing to mod the car and keep it looking good. 😔
How bad is the damage?

How bad is the damage?

Oops, forgot to post pics. Scratches are down to the primer, and the plasti-chrome accent bar is also scratched up but not as visible. I briefly considered touch up paint but it would just make the scratches more visible. I think I would need to get the liftgate repainted, and if I were to do that, I'd probably try and get a couple of nicks in two of the doors fixed, along with repainting the hood to take care of the rock chips, and the front fenders to take care of some purse scratches. Might as well repaint the whole car 😒

Attachments

• 20220410_143600.jpg
    20220410_143600.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220410_143616.jpg
    20220410_143616.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220410_143610.jpg
    20220410_143610.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 105
Oops, forgot to post pics. Scratches are down to the primer, and the plasti-chrome accent bar is also scratched up but not as visible. I briefly considered touch up paint but it would just make the scratches more visible. I think I would need to get the liftgate repainted, and if I were to do that, I'd probably try and get a couple of nicks in two of the doors fixed, along with repainting the hood to take care of the rock chips, and the front fenders to take care of some purse scratches. Might as well repaint the whole car 😒
I have touched up worse at home. It’s not for everyone, but I would give it a go with a rattle can of color matched paint, a can of 2K high gloss, and some 800-3000 grit sandpaper. All in is about $100

Some way some how when getting home last month my wife had opened against the closed garage door and thankfully left only a tiny scratch down to the primer. I did order the touch up pen and will fix. Don't give her to hard a time ! Just one more test to show her you love her more than this!
Chin up!

I pulled one of these off my car yesterday:

Granted I knew there was something installed, as i was given 'complimentary access' via the 3rd party app, named AVAS , which would allow me (and the dealer/other 3rd parties) access to the vehicles location and history/mileage etc.,

It was connected to the OBD II port, and the unit tucked was behind the firewall's carpet.

I don't know if this version has ignition disabling capabilities - but it's a multi-purpose geotagging device, probably helps with repo recovery.

AVAS the software company markets their software as a customer retention tool (presumably related to dealer service notices etc).

Haha I did the same a few days ago with my garage door. Opps.

I've done touchups like this many times. I put touchup paint, built it up with multiple layers so it's higher in the dips than the actual paint on the car. Then I take 2000 grit sand paper wet and lightly sand till it's all flat. Then I use a foam buffing pad on my drill and use any compound like meguires Ultimate compound and buff it till it's smooth. You can't notice a diff then

Feel your pain... Took a work trip and came back to find front end damage on the car... The fog light was done for etc. Luckily I was able to get a shop to do some work... Bought a new fog and it looks much better to the point that I forgot about it till reading this...
Not sure if I was more upset with the attitude that came with it or the damage itself....

Next car will need to be 6 speed manual...

Thanks for the reassurances everyone. I didn't give her a hard time at all, I know it's not in her nature to be as careful with the car as I am, and I know it was just a mistake. But she could sense my disappointment and I know she felt bad once she realized what happened lol.

Scratch and dent repair isn't something I have a lot of experience with, but I'm very hesitant to use the touch up paint pen that came with the car because I know it doesn't match. If I do attempt to repair this myself, I'll try the colour-matched rattle can approach. Worst case scenario, I get it repainted professionally and I'm out an extra $100 or so (from the initial repair attempt). If the car was white, black, or silver, I'd definitely try it myself. I'm just a little more wary because it's the machine grey colour.

I suppose another option is living with the damage until the garage at our new place is built, and then getting the repair done then. Or I could sand down the scratches and get the car vinyl wrapped...

Yesterday, items were researched, parts located and ordered from junkyard...
Today, new forum post (hi everyone 🖐)
Tomorrow shipping, expected delivery probably by end of month.

(internal monologue as follows)

There's plenty of time to figure this out...I'm sure it's been done, pretty sure?
...Hello 2010? Ya this is 2022 calling, I've got 2018 on the line too and we have some questions!

Am I about to do the unthinkable?
...I have yet to actually find any evidence to confirm nor deny this is a "terrible" idea...
...the Forums will know, there's still enough time in the zoomatrix to find the Oracle CX9!

Have I literally donated my money to the alter of the Great Dismantler...or just simply gone daffy?
...Oh Saints of the 6mm T-nut, patrons of the # 0000-8L-NOway parts departments...guide me!

Will the OEM gen1 luggage-rack-gutter-groove-side-rails <actually> bolt up to the roof of a gen2 ?
...Ready the Torx Drives and Damn the Aftermarkets!!

To be continued...

1650592350568.jpeg

My family and I just came back from a trip we took to Las Vegas and put about 20 hours on the car back and fourth plus all the local driving we did in Vegas. Dad was in the front with me and two kids and wife were in the middle row, then mom was in the back with one seat folded down. That little 4 banger did really good!! I had my dad drive a 3 hour stretch and he said the car was fast. Came home and parked the car outside over night so the morning dew could soften up the bugs. Then washed the car in the morning to remove all the bugs we killed. We put about 1500 miles on it.

1F9EC500-0471-496F-B793-9512EE03336A.jpeg
14FF10BF-4DC7-49D8-94F7-87F36F99BF9B.jpeg

Back