What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Just finished some minor cosmetic upgrades over the long weekend.

Attachments

• mazda3.jpg
    mazda3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 243
  • mazda1.jpg
    mazda1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 233
  • mazda2.jpg
    mazda2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 231
Before buying a replacement battery at Costco, I figured I should try checking the battery cells. Admittedly, I've never checked the battery cells or refilled the water in the battery of any of my previous cars, and the CX-9 was no different. Last night, I topped up each of the six cells with distilled water. They all needed at least 50ml, which seemed like a lot to me.. I probably should have done this much, much sooner 🤦‍♂️. After refilling the cells, I put a trickle charger on the battery and let it charge overnight.

Got Xpel PPF put on the B and C pillars, I also got it for the center console but I don’t have a picture of that. The piano black was just scratching way too easily, when I got the car new it already had a few. So far I’m very happy with how it looks with the film.

This is really nice. My pillars are beat to hell already and I take very good care of the car and have never been through a touch wash. Which Xpel product exactly did you use? I see they have a few different choices. I'm assuming this wasn't clear so you don't see any existing scratches? They have a "ULTIMATE PLUS BLACK" on their website which looks interesting.

So after a couple of months I decided to pull the trigger and get some wheels. Being in NZ made wheel options very limited (specs and design) so ended up getting the same wheels as Jose Javier Rivera.

Asanti ABL-21 (Anthracite)
22x10.5 +35
285/40r22

These are the best specs if you're wanting to fill up the wheel gaps without having to lower it and also having a flush finish.
Man those are basically the same specs on my new wheels. Curva Concepts C48 which state 38 offset, but when I measured them they are more like a 40 offset... I will have to wait to see how they look and fit when mounted on the car and maybe get a 5mm spacer to bring them out just a bit like the 35 offset you have.
I just finished painting them up gloss black and waiting for after the holidays to get the TPMS and 285/40R22 tires! I can't wait. It looks awesome.

They are dusty in the pictures, but are clean, glossy and black.

Attachments

• 60359B9C-049C-4EE1-97D1-16EFF61FC042.jpeg
    60359B9C-049C-4EE1-97D1-16EFF61FC042.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 135
This is really nice. My pillars are beat to hell already and I take very good care of the car and have never been through a touch wash. Which Xpel product exactly did you use? I see they have a few different choices. I'm assuming this wasn't clear so you don't see any existing scratches? They have a "ULTIMATE PLUS BLACK" on their website which looks interesting.
There’s a very good detailing shop near me that did it. Their website says they use the Ultimate Plus but I believe it is the clear product and they buffed out scratches as much as they could. The car was pretty new so there wasn’t anything serious. I’m very pleased with how it’s turned out though.

Does anyone know how to replace the side panel trim for the driver’s seat of a 2016 CX-9 Grand Touring? My panel trim housing the seat controls, as well as the memory seat function broke, and I was planning on replacing it but I don’t know how. I’ve attached a picture of the panel piece below.

Attachments

• 47B6EA64-6DC1-4D3E-9E27-92ADB2D844DB.png
    47B6EA64-6DC1-4D3E-9E27-92ADB2D844DB.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 85
Does anyone know how to replace the side panel trim for the driver’s seat of a 2016 CX-9 Grand Touring? My panel trim housing the seat controls, as well as the memory seat function broke, and I was planning on replacing it but I don’t know how. I’ve attached a picture of the panel piece below.
DM’d shop manual instructions

The paint looks great! But also, look at how clean and well organized the garage is.. that is the kind of person I'd want to detail my paint. Someone who is that meticulous about their workspace is likely to be just as meticulous about the work they do.

The paint looks great! But also, look at how clean and well organized the garage is.. that is the kind of person I'd want to detail my paint. Someone who is that meticulous about their workspace is likely to be just as meticulous about the work they do.
No doubt. I’ve taken previous cars to him and he is absolutely phenomenal at what he does. I’ve never had him do any kind of ceramic or graphene coating because i just don’t want to drop that kind of dough but I’ve seen cars up close where he does a full paint correction and a coating and it’s so much better than showroom. I wish I was as detailed as him, haha

Back