What have you done to your CX-5 today?

8367dc9f3eb90368ee72ebc819edd5bc.jpg

I got one!!! :)

Nice!

I updated the infotainment system to version 55.00.750B. I was a little nervous about doing it myself but it went smooth as butter.

08cf215f5984f3180a052bb7b051f035.jpg

...sent...

Professional results, who did it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did anyone notice the cx-5 front and center in the new terminator movie on the bridge?

Tried to convert my fog LED's to switchbacks using the modules off a "LED strip DRL/flasher" strip from ebay. I finally found two wiring set ups to get it to switch back, but I could not get it to synchronize :(. So the tail blinker and the fog blinker were like opposite of each other.

Implemented some of the infotainment hacks from the mazda3revolution forum. Can now access the navigation while moving(Yes!), the startup screen flashes off quickly, and used a picture of my infant daughter holding my hand as the infotainment background.

Implemented some of the infotainment hacks from the mazda3revolution forum. Can now access the navigation while moving(Yes!), the startup screen flashes off quickly, and used a picture of my infant daughter holding my hand as the infotainment background.

Very nice. Can you post the link To this? I tried searching the net and forums but couldn't find how to change the background on the screen.

How do you update the infotainment system?

See post #36 here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ct-all-firmware-version-only-downloads-4.html

Very nice. Can you post the link To this? I tried searching the net and forums but couldn't find how to change the background on the screen.

All the answers to your questions are located in the infotainment thread (all 200+pages of it) located here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ectronics/57714-infotainment-project-178.html

It helps to read the entire thread to understand what's happening, but the good stuff starts around page 176+.

looks nice! been reading through and looks detailed in spots, yet not difficult to do, i like some of the mods that the various people have done

now to convince the regular driver ;)

Today I bought one! 2016 GT Meteor Gray w/ Tech package + a couple of accessories.
I look forward to learning a lot from you guys here.

I've been running K&N drop-in air filters on all my cars for the last 20+ years. They are designed to help the engine run a bit more efficient by allowing it to breath better, slightly improving MPG. If you want to change the sound, a short-ram air intake will do the trick!

Is this the cabin air filter or something else? Thanks!

Is this the cabin air filter or something else? Thanks!

He's talking about the engine air filter. The K&N filters are a higher flow rate filter then most standard filters out there providing better flow to the engine for more air which equals more power. A cabin air filter would have no performance benefit what so ever.

Updated my software to 55.00.750B, applied hacks for adding wi-fi back in on V55, disabled all of the speed limitations, and set aside a little shell script USB thumb drive so I can easily change my wallpaper. :p

Updated my software to 55.00.750B, applied hacks for adding wi-fi back in on V55, disabled all of the speed limitations, and set aside a little shell script USB thumb drive so I can easily change my wallpaper. :p

What is the hack for adding wi-fi back (didn't know wi-fi was even available) and the speed limitations? I am interested in hearing about this. I'm assuming these "hacks" void a part of the warranty with the software, yes?

Back