What happens when you get busted street racing?

benben84

:
2003 Black Mica MSP, 2007 CWP CX-7, 2004 JBP WRX
I was just wondering what happens when you get caught street racing? Also, what happens when you get caught just being there without a car? Make sure you say what State you live in with your info. I would really like to hear from Wisconsin members cuz that's where I live, but anyone can reply for other members sake. Thanks!

Hang out in the state hotel and get your car taken to a state parking lot.
+tix
+suspended license
+ i'm sure there is other stuff i'm missing

the people's republic of virginia comes down like a ton of bricks on street racing - which is good

Last edited:
that would suck. If you are caught being there in someones car does that still happen to you? Does it affect your license?

Well I got a Nasty 460$ fine and lost 6 points (Im in Montreal Quebec)

It was arround 3:30am, me and a Bud with a Lude were playing at 2 lights, and got nabbed the second.

The real bummer is that we didnt even race out of 2nd, and were just comparing the acceleration a bit.

In michigan they impound your car and the same ol' put you in the sleeper cell and give you and ass load of tickets

benben84 said:
that would suck. If you are caught being there in someones car does that still happen to you? Does it affect your license?
Not quite sure. However, I don't make it a habit of riding around with people irresponsible enough to street race.

if i remember right, here in los angeles, they crush your car. atleast that's what the instructor said at the traffic school i attended. he said he saw a very very nice camaro get crushed because of street racing. as to the validity of that, i am not certain

benben84 said:
i'm not sure about your license but i know they can arrest/fine you. point is, don't do it, go to a track

Arizona... Word!

Racing: Car impounded, major fines of at least $1000 plus traffic school and license suspended for six months or longer depending on how many previous offenses you have and/or the amount of points on your license already.

Spectating With or Without a Car Under 18: License taken until 18 years of age, minor fines of up to $500 plus traffic school.

Spectating With or Without a Car Over 18: License taken until 25 years of age, minor fines of up to $500 plus traffic school.

I know that some people here in Arizona might say this is wrong however I have seen all three incidents. I have two buddies that were out one night about 10 miles north of the city which out here is Sheriffs territory and sorry for the language but they bend you over and **** you royaly here. So, they were out in one of my buddies moms Mercedes CLK230 and were still caught for spectacting. So yeah, they are not leaniant here at all.

just dont do it. go to a track.
i am against it although i love playing with my car which leads me to a question.
how do you define street racing?
if i spun my wheels and accelerate of the line but never go past speed limit, is that street racing? driving past the speed limit with another car chasing you (whom you dont know and didnt agree to race), is that street racing? how about on a highway? i could think of a few other scenarios, but ihow does the police define o decide whethere or not it was street racing? does the crowd make a difference? the time of the day (or night), the amount of cars?

Well I have been to a few street races but the reason I am asking is because I have only three points left until I loose my license and I'm worried if I'm ever with my friend and race someone while he is driving that I would get in big trouble and lose my license. I can't afford to lose them since I drive to work for a living.

BTW I agree with you guys about not street racing but it's hard when you find a pontential rival and he asks the question. When I do race or are involved in racing we make sure it's totally safe for everyone but the drivers cuz it's never 100% safe for them anyways.

It's all in the perception of the man. If the man can go to court and convince the judge you were racing then it doesnt matter if you were under the speed limit because who knows if you would have gone over it if you were not stopped. IN virginia if there is a crowd and it was orginized then BYE-BYE car!

Racing does not even have to be on the streeT!!!!!

VIRGINIA LAWS:::::

http://leg1.state.va.us/000/lst/LS116815.HTM

46.2-865. Racing; penalty.

Any person who engages in a race between two or more motor vehicles on the highways in the Commonwealth or on any driveway or premises of a church, school, recreational facility, or business property open to the public in the Commonwealth shall be guilty of reckless driving, unless authorized by the owner of the property or his agent. When any person is convicted of reckless driving under this section, in addition to any other penalties provided by law the driver's license of such person shall be suspended by the court for a period of not less than six months nor more than two years. In case of conviction the court shall order the surrender of the license to the court where it shall be disposed of in accordance with the provisions of 46.2-398.

46.2-866. Racing; aiders or abettors.

Any person, although not engaged in a race as defined in 46.2-865, who aids or abets any such race, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

46.2-867. Racing; seizure of motor vehicle.

If the owner of a motor vehicle (i) is convicted of racing such vehicle in a prearranged, organized, and planned speed competition in violation of 46.2-865, (ii) is present in the vehicle which is being operated by another in violation of 46.2-865, and knowingly consents to the racing, or (iii) is convicted of a violation of 46.2-865.1, the vehicle shall be seized and disposed of in the manner provided in 4.1-339 through 4.1-348 for seizure and forfeiture of conveyances or vehicles used in the illegal transportation of alcoholic beverages.

Ouch! So if you do a bunrout leaving taco bell you can have your car impounded if another person with you does the same thing! Cops around here are a lot more lenent, or however you spell it.

Here's the points system, looks like you could lose anywhere from 2-6 points in situations that happen in street racing but most likely 6 points and I would bet impounding of the car and a night in jail as well.

Attachments

• Points assessed for convictions.doc
    26 KB · Views: 162
To make things simple as stated above the the great virgin state

you get ******...raped...hanged....brought down to ur knewws, etc....
especially in North . VA

New Jersey...friend got cought street racing about a month ago. car got impounded and he got a nice handful of tickets. but ended up paying everything and getting his car back the next day. no jail though

Back