What features do you miss from the car you traded for the CX5?

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Only a few things for me:
  • The green cockpit lighting
  • the auto rear defroster (automatically comes on if temp is below 42)
  • Night panel button (switch to turn off most of the interior lighting)

I would also say the turbo but I can get one of those now in a CX5.

Green cockpit:
2319731457_3d1034425f_b.jpg

My Subaru Outback had automatic dimming mirror(s) not just the one inside the car. So that was nice when someone had extremely bright headlights it would dim all mirrors automatically.
Other than that I miss nothing about that car, the CX5 Signature is miles ahead.

- Memory-linked side mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down
- Multi-angle rearview camera (particularly the top-down view)
- Larger center console bin and armrest

My previous Jeep had seat warmers where as this trim of CX-5 does not (for 2014 MY anyway, or maybe it was in a package I didn't get?).

Jeep also had auto headlights (turn on and off) which mine does not.

Not really big deals.

Others are more just design choices. Jeep was boxier so my visibility around the vehicle was far better, but I got used the CX-5 really quick after I bought it and have no complaints there.

Jeep had the selectable 4-wheel drive options like 4-High, 4-Low, etc. Kinda nice, but nothing I've needed on a CX-5 as I don't count them as the same type of vehicles.

Only thing I miss from my Maxima is the homelink option.

Thing I don't miss is stopping at the gas station and filling up with premium fuel.

Space between the engine/firewall for turbo building... 2.0 to a 2.5 cx5.

I miss the ability to remotely lower my windows to let the heat out. Important here in Florida. A larger gas tank would be nice, say @ 20 gal.?

I miss a few.
The bigger fuel tank, cooled and massaging seats, remote start and the best one for me - self locking gear lever when you leave car running and you are away with the key in you.

offtopic, but I love the rotating LED headlights and since sometimes I am blind as a bat at night thats a big plus on the cx5 for me :)

I miss the ability to remotely lower my windows to let the heat out.

Beat me to it.
Both my older Nissans have this, and my 6 doesn't have it, (like your CX-5), and I miss this feature a lot. Come on Mazda, get with it.

I miss from my Hyundai Santa Fe....Door handle area lit up at night when approaching the car....the large center console...larger fuel tank.

The information scroll on my RDX had a lot more information including actual tire pressure in each tire, AWD engagement etc.

Individual tire pressure gauge. I thought I saw a thread a while back where someone installed some sort of digital gauge that gave each tire's pressure. Anyone have the name of that gauge/screen?

Oh, and a bigger fuel tank and interior led lighting in the footwells etc.

Back