What do I need to install the MS3 swaybar?

Yeah, I have to agree with twinturbo on this, Tony. $120 and install it in 30 minutes? That's 100% "why the hell not?" in my book, even without the handling benefits.

There are few cars that handle like a Boxster S; that doesn't mean it's pointless to mod them. Sure, it would be pretty dumb to turbocharge a minivan, but who the hell would do something like that?

It also helps with initial turn-in TonyC, which comes into play when you have to avoid that crate of organic prunes that just fell off the back of the truck in front of you. ;) And mine was about 120 and totally worth it. Of all the mods i recently did to my van, this is the only one i'm completely happy with. it's a no brainer. Stop bitchin and do eeetttt!

which comes into play when you have to avoid that crate of organic prunes that just fell off the back of the truck in front of you. ;)
but will it help the sudden braking I need when I stop to pick up said free plums off the road? cuz my gdamn plum tree is at least 2 years from fruiting.

No, that's what ur other planned MS3 conversion is for. Get 2 work ;)

What year Mazdaspeed3 bars will work? I know the part number is B37F-28-151.

You mentioned bushing part number 19-1182 but I had written down 19-1142-BL...I see now both are 26mm, the 1182 is greaseable.

Last edited:
I used all the MS3 hardware on my bar, used a 2nd gen one. I removed the collars from the bar and bolted everything right up.

I don't know that Moog makes the bushings you're looking for. I bought the James Barone Racing rear sway bar and it came with 32mm poly bushings and brackets. Measure the diameter of the MS3 sway bar and get right-sized greasable poly bushings from either energy suspension or prothane. With brackets it should cost you under $20, not including shipping.
You wouldn't happen to know the Moog part # for the bushings, would you?

Back