What did you pay for your CX-50?

I saw a dealer in NY advertising the CX-50 below MSRP.

This dealer is legit, just bought a new CX-5 from them. They actually knocked some more off the advertised internet price right off the bat; they mentioned that CX-50s were going for the internet price though.

Through hardball emails, I just got a dealer to agree to MSRP - TOTAL, after doc and any BS dealer add-ons, but before TT&L. I guess that something is in the water that dealers are foregoing their $2,000 add-on packages when push comes to shove, or things aren't as tight as we all thought. Now I just have to decide if this is worth it to me to trade in my nearly new 2021 CX-5 Signature for the "upgrade?" to a CX-50 Turbo premium plus.

Through hardball emails, I just got a dealer to agree to MSRP - TOTAL, after doc and any BS dealer add-ons, but before TT&L. I guess that something is in the water that dealers are foregoing their $2,000 add-on packages when push comes to shove, or things aren't as tight as we all thought. Now I just have to decide if this is worth it to me to trade in my nearly new 2021 CX-5 Signature for the "upgrade?" to a CX-50 Turbo premium plus.
Dealers are still making out like a bandit on you and others at MSRP. Don't think for second they aren't. Also, don't trade in despite your urge. Wait a year or two for bugs and quirks to be worked out. You're not a guinea pig. There is no really good reason whatsoever to trade sideways or down even to a CX-50. A CX-9, yes. Just an opinion to consider.

Yeah, it's just me and the GF so if the 50 doesn't really have more to offer it's not likely I'll do it

Yeah, it's just me and the GF so if the 50 doesn't really have more to offer it's not likely I'll do it
I honestly think they were thinking about the average family in the US with a couple kids, the cx5 can be kinda tight on space back there but the 50 solves that slightly, it just seems more subaru mentality and cx5 seems pure (or original) mazda goal, just rambling though

The only reason I sold my CX-5 for a CX-50 was due to the high retail price of used cars. I got 23 grand from my 2018 CX-5 selling it private. If I had waited another year the price would have been exponentially higher as used vehicle prices are trending down. Happy to have my CX-50.

Since I've been having this discussion with HardRightEdg, I'd be curious, was MSRP their original selling price, or were there add-ons that they tried selling you, or listed on the dealers addendum sticker, where you said - "nope, won't pay for that, take it off or I'm not buying"?

MSRP (no add-ons, just TTL) for my CX-50, but I got just about what I paid for my 12,500-mile CX-30 that I traded. I've never paid MSRP for a car, but I've also never driven a car for 15 months pretty much for free and then traded it in, so it all evens out!

Love the CX-50. Was really surprised moving from the CX-30 that it handles very similarly, since the 30 manages to maintain a lot of its Mazda 3 heritage. I know there are CX-5 owners here and I don't mean any offense, but while the CX-5 handles wonderfully for an SUV, it feels like driving a sporty SUV to me. (Drove a 2021 for a week in Hawaii recently.) The CX-50 handles much more carlike, more like my Mazda 6 than like the CX-5. Some of that might be the feel of the lower seating position, of course, but it's pretty nimble and is a tight turner.

cx50.jpg

Since I've been having this discussion with HardRightEdg, I'd be curious, was MSRP their original selling price, or were there add-ons that they tried selling you, or listed on the dealers addendum sticker, where you said - "nope, won't pay for that, take it off or I'm not buying"?
I don't recall having any discussion with you regarding dealer add-ons and their side stickers. I recall illustrating supply-demand imbalances driving up prices. I see a few posts up that you paid MSRP for a vehicle after the doc fee and pre-installed junk add-ons. Would that have been a good deal pre-pandemic? Of course not. If that does not tell you something about supply and demand I don't know what would.

Delivery next week on a Wind Chill, Turbo Prem Plus, MSRP + $699 dealer handling. They gave me about $2500 more than I expected for my trade, $8k over my lease residual on a 2019 G70 with 55k miles. I'm happy with that.

Delivery next week on a Wind Chill, Turbo Prem Plus, MSRP + $699 dealer handling. They gave me about $2500 more than I expected for my trade, $8k over my lease residual on a 2019 G70 with 55k miles. I'm happy with that.
That's interesting. I was looking at the G70 (or even G60) as a cross-shop for the CX-50. I'd be interested in your comparison.

That's interesting. I was looking at the G70 (or even G60) as a cross-shop for the CX-50. I'd be interested in your comparison.
I assume you are looking at the GX70 or GX60, my G70 is a sports sedan.

The GV70 feels like a much bigger vehicle although it likely isn't and rides smoother and quieter than the CX-50. I'm not sure it is bigger inside but the dash feels further away due to the design. The GV feels heavier but power is effortless in the 300hp 4cyl, with a really good 8sp transmission that has invisible shifts unless your really hammering it. I prefer the overall look of the GV70, but the CX-50 is also one of the better looking SUVs in my opinion. I think the fully painted trim vs large amount of black plastic makes the GV70 look more sport/luxury but the CX is trying to look more rugged so it works. The whole interior feels more luxurious, surfaces, switchgear all have a nicer feel and more bling. The infotainment system of the GV70 is a step up as well, larger screen, better graphics, one of the best systems I've used. I am looking forward to my CX but it is not at the level of the GV and the price reflects that. Part of my decision is based on all the options I get at the lower price, heads up, ventilated seats, heated wheel, leather seats are some of the things I will appreciate that in a Genesis mean upgrading to the top line and bigger engine, $65k plus. I realized I could live with less. I'll miss the car a lot but need more ground clearance for work.
146A74B2-05DC-4FBF-B9F3-D28E16273188_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for that... but I actually did mean the G-sedans (I know it's apples to oranges)

Thanks for that... but I actually did mean the G-sedans (I know it's apples to oranges)
The G70 was awesome. Mine is a 3.3T AWD Prestige. I would recommend it to anyone. For years I drove 3 Series BMWs and I this car made me switch. Better interior, better driving feel and looks better. All around great car.

Basically I paid MSRP less $1100( $500 plus $600 mentioned below ) and the dealer supplied wheel locks and a set of CX-50 All Weather Mats. In addition Mazda have a $500 rebate for existing Mazda owners and I got an additional $600 off coupon from Mazda.
I traded in two 2021 Mazda CX-30s which the dealer wanted for his used car lot.

Last edited:
For 2023 models :(
Yes

Effective August 2, 2022, mid-year pricing for all 2023 CX-50 models will increase by $750 and have a starting MSRP2 of $27,550. Also effective August 2, 2022, destination and handling (D&H) charges increased by $50 for 2023 CX-50 to $1,275($1,320 in Alaska).

Back