What did you pay for your CX-5?

What a difference a couple of months make. The dealerships are getting a bit anxious to unload any CX-5 Signatures - few customers are interested in the top-of-the-line pricing. Last week I got a 2023 Soul Red Sig at 1.5 % off MSRP, zero charge for the $1,449 in stupid extras the dealership had added on when they received the car 40 days earlier, no trade-in, no financing, plus the $500 loyalty award. Spent less than 10 minutes in the dreaded F&I office. I hardly needed to “negotiate”. Certainly would have been even cheaper if I had waited a bit longer, but I wanted to get this spec now.

Somewhat same experience here. They knocked my 23 Turbo $1,000 below msrp, and gave me sick money for my trade. $5k more than any other manufacturer’s dealership. I almost bit on a CX50 but so glad that I listened to my practical side and stuck with the CX5. I was giving up one problematic vehicle and not about to be beta tester for another. So far the 5 has been impressive and lived up to the mostly positive reviews I have read.

I had similar experience as @jofo67 and @SCMike in late December. Dealership knocked $1000 off msrp for 23 Turbo Signature and did not tack on any ridiculous surcharges. I suspect if I had waited a little longer, the price would have dropped more this month but no regrets. I am enjoying driving this CX-5. First new car I have purchased since 1997. I started buying used BMWs during the last 25 years and fixing stuff the previous owners ignored. I have to say the CX-5 Turbo compares very favorably to the BMW wagons I have owned over the years and I expect it to be a lot more reliable.

I bought our 2023 CX5 Turbo in November. Paid MSRP less $500 for loyalty discount. No dealer mark ups. I think for sure the prices have dropped in the 60 days since then.

Brought the '23 Turbo Sig home last December. Straight MSRP. The other Mazda dealers around were over-charging. First time ever I have paid MSRP for a vehicle. Hard to find the trim level in Eternal Blue. Poor CUV is scared and asking questions. She refuses to leave the garage and has questions about why it is so cold, and what is the white stuff covering everything?!?!?!

no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg

2023 CX5 turbo Rhodium white $38720 OTD seemed high but it was the best I could find within 500 miles and it was local. I guess bottom line only one person needs to be happy with the deal and that is my wife :)

Paid $40,549 for a CX-5 Premium back in January 2022 excluding tax, title, registration and documentation. MSRP was $33,535. Dealer installed items was $4,790 including $2,000 for extended warranty. There's $2,224 of charges that the finance manager slipped in but did not give any explanation of what it was for.

Paid $40,549 for a CX-5 Premium back in January 2022 excluding tax, title, registration and documentation. MSRP was $33,535. Dealer installed items was $4,790 including $2,000 for extended warranty. There's $2,224 of charges that the finance manager slipped in but did not give any explanation of what it was for.
Wow!!! That was quite a fluffing of the price.

CTt3P5, here were the dealer add-on items: 36 month of AVAS vehicle tracking $1,300; Door edge guard $595; Leather seat protection $895; 2-year extended warranty $2,000. (The AVAS vehicle tracking service stopped functioning after 12 months.)

CTt3P5, here were the dealer add-on items: 36 month of AVAS vehicle tracking $1,300; Door edge guard $595; Leather seat protection $895; 2-year extended warranty $2,000. (The AVAS vehicle tracking service stopped functioning after 12 months.)
Please tell us all this is a joke and you are pulling our legs. Please say you are joking. If you are not you were majorly scammed and you better call those companies and cancel all of that for a prorated refund if that is still possible. You just paid for the entire sales dept Bahamas vacation.

Last edited:
I regularly get offers to buy my CX-5 from the nearest dealership. Of course they aren't going to pay anything that is worth my while to get a new CX-5.

Wow, just wow! The only thing on that list that I may have ever considered is the extended warranty and even then it would require a thorough reading to understand what is involved, deductibles, etc. There is probably no way to recoup any of the money for the door edge guard or seat protection, but I suggest the same as @Tchman2016 and reach out to see if you can cancel. Especially the AVAS as you paid for 36 months but it stopped working after 12 months.

And...you went forward with that?

Back