What did you pay for your CX-5?

Wondering why all the interest in what I paid is anyone coming to buy a car at this dealer?
This is a pricing thread. In order to make things the most comparable, there're some specific values required.

This is a good start:
MSRP - Window sticker, including destination, but no dealer installed add-ons.
Dealer add-ons, if any.
Trade in? This is the area where it gets iffy. If you don't know the actual value, you could be losing thousands in times like these.
Tax amount
List any service package, or warranty purchased, if any,
Dealer and licensing fees.

It's really not that difficult and makes this thread more helpful.

2 other dealers, Car max and KBB said 21200 for trade in. I got 22200 at this deal. That is everything
Did you have equity in the trade? Is that how you're getting the $33,300 selling price?
I just find it hard to understand how any dealer would be discounting a vehicle with the current market conditions. Esp discounting one below invoice

Did you have equity in the trade? Is that how you're getting the $33,300 selling price?
I just find it hard to understand how any dealer would be discounting a vehicle with the current market conditions. Esp discounting one below invoice
Yes owed 1700 on a 22000 trade in. The only thing I think is it was a hot market for small suvs. maybe it was my lucky day, LOL,

The selling price of the new vehicle has nothing to do with his trade or equity in his trade. That particular dealer is just discounting them aggressively and has prices advertised on their website. The more they sell the more allocations they get. It's also end of quarter. The have the right business strategy.

The selling price of the new vehicle has nothing to do with his trade or equity in his trade. That particular dealer is just discounting them aggressively and has prices advertised on their website. The more they sell the more allocations they get. It's also end of quarter. The have the right business strategy.
and the bigger the payout from Mazda

How many in stock CX-5's did they have when you were there? I was at my Ford dealer a couple weeks ago and they had only 1 new pickup, a Maverick that was already sold.
I think 3 or 4 and sold the one I wanted blue the day before. They said they get at least 3 or 4 a week

I'm well aware. We got in 16 CX5s over the last 3 days and only 9 are left. Unless this dealer has something particular going on that others are not seeing, it still seems strange that they would discount a vehicle that would likely sell in a few days anyway at full msrp. Cohappy said that there were only 3-4 on the lot. Anyway, good for him for getting that good of a deal

Hello everyone!
Just bought mine this week, 2022 Preferred (non-turbo).
This is what I paid (attached).

I don't mind buying dealer-installed options, I just hate it when they pre-install stuff I don't want.

Went to several dealerships and EVERY ONE except this one had NON-NEGOTIABLE options added on (besides the destination/doc) fees. One Toyota dealership had a $4K mandatory "Environment Protection Package" (they coat the paint with ceramic or something). At least they had NO cars on the lot, so the demand was there. The other Mazda dealership I visited beforehand had at least two dozen CX-5's sitting in their lot (new & used), and STILL insisted on adding non-negotiable $3K options to their cars (Lo-Jack and something other stuff I forgot). I said no thanks.

Also, I sold my 2018 Mazda3 Sport hatchback for $21K last month, which was $4K more than what I bought it for brand new.. Crazy used market right now! 😅

Attachments

• cx-5-price.jpg
    cx-5-price.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Just got the following quote from a dealer. Seems good (excellent?) given the current market, still nervous about pulling the trigger:

2022 CX-5 2.5 Turbo

MSRP: $37885
Dealer Discount: $2250
Loyalty Rebate: $500
Doc Fee: $175

Total: $35,310 + TTL

Just got the following quote from a dealer. Seems good (excellent?) given the current market, still nervous about pulling the trigger:

2022 CX-5 2.5 Turbo

MSRP: $37885
Dealer Discount: $2250
Loyalty Rebate: $500
Doc Fee: $175

Total: $35,310 + TTL

Seems like a good enough deal to me. I got "quoted" some good prices too via email/phone, from several dealers... but of course once I showed up, there were "pre-installed" options that couldn't be taken off the car that they "needed" to charge me for. The first dealer I showed up to that honored their quoted price, I jumped on it.

Not saying your dealership will do the same, but just be aware that's a common tactic these days.

My favorite was the "Environment Protection" fee. Thought it was some new EPA mandated stuff.. only to find out it was some BS coating they put over the paint to protect it from environmental elements. Dealers are getting more clever in scamming, I'll give'em that.

Seems like a good enough deal to me. I got "quoted" some good prices too via email/phone, from several dealers... but of course once I showed up, there were "pre-installed" options that couldn't be taken off the car that they "needed" to charge me for. The first dealer I showed up to that honored their quoted price, I jumped on it.

Not saying your dealership will do the same, but just be aware that's a common tactic these days.

My favorite was the "Environment Protection" fee. Thought it was some new EPA mandated stuff.. only to find out it was some BS coating they put over the paint to protect it from environmental elements. Dealers are getting more clever in scamming, I'll give'em that.
This was quoted in-person after a test drive, so I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't willing to honor it as written. Always a possibility I suppose, but fairly unlikely in this case IMO.

I've had good luck on the last 3 cars I negotiated on-line/text/phone. Without me even asking, they offer to email me the pro forma sales numbers, down to the penny, OTD

I've had good luck on the last 3 cars I negotiated on-line/text/phone. Without me even asking, they offer to email me the pro forma sales numbers, down to the penny, OTD
Yea, you'd think Mazda dealers would be offering discounts like the offer @Niobium got. Especially with people falling over themselves just to get in line to SIGN UP for the Rav4 waiting list (only a handful of Rav4's on the lots I went to). Meanwhile, the Mazda dealerships near me have dozens of new & used CX-5's sitting around with absolutely no customers in the showrooms. I did go on a weekday, but still.. that's the situation I saw this past month while cross shopping the Rav4 with the CX-5.

Yea, you'd think Mazda dealers would be offering discounts like the offer @Niobium got. Especially with people falling over themselves just to get in line to SIGN UP for the Rav4 waiting list (only a handful of Rav4's on the lots I went to). Meanwhile, the Mazda dealerships near me have dozens of new & used CX-5's sitting around with absolutely no customers in the showrooms. I did go on a weekday, but still.. that's the situation I saw this past month while cross shopping the Rav4 with the CX-5.
Yep, had basically the same experience, local Toyota dealer had almost nothing on the lot that wasn't already sold.

Some of the Mazda dealers are interesting; went to a second dealer who was asking $3K over sticker on all CX-5s. They offered to come down to $2K over sticker when I showed them the other offer I had.... They also have dozens of CX-5s on their lot.

Back