What did you pay for your CX-5?

Vehicle: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Color: White
Packages: Tech Package
Extras: Free Front + Rear All Weather Mats
Negotiated Price: 29,780 + fees

Just agreed to buy tomorrow with the pricing above.
That's an excellent deal and go get it tomorrow! I paid $30K before TTL for a Sonic Silver GT AWD w/Tech without any through-in's. Crystal White Pearl Mica costs extra too I believe and I agree with you that white exterior looks very nice on GT! Hope you can find parchment instead of all black interior. I heard it before that car price is cheaper in California than in Texas and looks like it is true!

That's an excellent deal and go get it tomorrow! I paid $30K before TTL for a Sonic Silver GT AWD w/Tech without any through-in's. Crystal White Pearl Mica costs extra too I believe and I agree with you that white exterior looks very nice on GT! Hope you can find parchment instead of all black interior. I heard it before that car price is cheaper in California than in Texas and looks like it is true!

Haha - the car might be tad cheaper, but they get us with 9-10.5% sales tax. I'm registering in the city of San Francisco and it's quite high. I should be walking out of there OTD 32,814.

2016 GT w/Tech Titanium Mica in CALIFORNIA

MSRP $30,605
Dealer advertised web price $30.545
Dealer Invoice $29,620
True Car $29,547

Paid $29,700

My first ever post to this forum cause on Saturday I purchased a 2016 GT w/Tech FWD Silver using the Costco price of $28,934 before TTL. Tried four local dealers in the Cleveland, Ohio area and this was the best price. Had to pull the vehicle from Kentucky because there aren't too many FWD's in my area. Can't wait to spend some hours on this site!

2016 gt with tech package and tint. Fwd. 28,200. Msrp was 30605
Bought at Huntington Beach Mazda.

No advertising or destination. But tax and liscense.

Last edited:
2016 GS (Touring) AWD in Canada
$28,605+ 1895 Freight & PDI + $126.25 Mandatory Govt Fees + GST (includes Mazda 750 factory discount + 500 auto show discount)
Engine block heater and Free lifetime synthetic oil changes included

MSRP 31,245 + 1895 Freight & PDI + 126.25 mandatory fees + GST
Invoice 29,115 and other charges
Additional discounts available. $750 factory rebate and $500 auto show sign up discount - only if you sign up at the booth

Last edited:
My first ever post to this forum cause on Saturday I purchased a 2016 GT w/Tech FWD Silver using the Costco price of $28,934 before TTL. Tried four local dealers in the Cleveland, Ohio area and this was the best price. Had to pull the vehicle from Kentucky because there aren't too many FWD's in my area. Can't wait to spend some hours on this site!

Congrats. If you see a Blue Reflex on the eastside of Cleveland, it's probably me.

I don't see many, just a few, 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring purchases with the added 'iActivesense' tech package?
Is this the first year CX-5's have this tech feature? Are buyers wary or not aware of this option?
I've been checking dealer inventories in the NY Metro area and they look slim with cars with this package. Did dealers hesitate stocking many of these with their initial order? Did Mazda not produce many? Is Mazda a "while supplies last" kind of company?

The few dealers I've gotten quotes won't budge much on pricing. Best price I got so far for a Sonic Silver with the double tech packs was $32,150 less tax a couple of weeks ago. (I'm pretty sure the destination fee was included.) Other quotes were $32,795(Meteor Gray) and $33,200.

Do dealerships reorder many more cars as time goes on?
Should I hold firm and wait for prices to maybe drop?
I'd not like waiting till the end of this year and not get my choice of Sonic Silver color.

(scratch)

Hi - about to lease a CX5 - GT, fwd, with tech package. MSRP$30,605. Can anyone confirm the lease numbers?

0.00060MF and 63% residual on 3yrs, 12,000 miles/yr. Is that true and is it nationwide? I'm in Southern California.

Dealer near me is advertising the GT AWD with tech and I-activsense for $31,200. I'm going in tomorrow to take a look and have a chat.

Dealer near me is advertising the GT AWD with tech and I-activsense for $31,200. I'm going in tomorrow to take a look and have a chat.

If that price includes the destination charge I personally would jump on that if I could get it in my color choice of Sonic Silver. That's a pretty good price.
Be positive that on the contract/window sticker it says that the car has the iACTIVSENSE package.

I just this past week returned a new 2016 because it didn't have the iACTIVSENSE package.
I'm not faulting the dealer. There was misrepresentation and mix-up on the manager/salesperson part and I wasn't a stickler for contract details. The dealer made good and let me bring it back and returned all my money back. So I can't begrudge him.
Good luck! It's a beautiful car!

Last edited:
FYI the dealer invoice price is not the true price the dealer pays for the vehicle. There is a "dealer holdback" fee normally 2 - 3% of sticker (MSRP) The manufacture gives that to the dealers for advertising expense, etc. The quicker the dealer sells the vehicle the more of the dealer holdback they retain. So to truly see what they have in the car, take the MSRP x .03 = Dealer holdback. Then take the invoice price & subtract the dealer holdback. That is approx. what they pay for it. (Not including factory incentives) Check out Truecar.com. They study the averages paid for all areas throughout the U.S. and will best advise you on what others are paying. One other hint, the dealers have target quotas to meet each month. The last on any month is the best to buy..also the end of a model is the very best time to purchase.

I think Mazda holdback is closer to the 1-1.5% range. Consumer Reports showed holdback on mine around $400-$500.

Just got a 2016 GT AWD with Tech pkg, blue reflex mica
MSRP: 32130
paid: 30320 + TTL
I lived around Seattle area.

Back