What did you pay for your CX-5?

As of today, will be waiting to hear back from my dealer as to the best number they will offer on my trade. I think there's some $$$ on the table that they would like to hold onto and so would I! The vehicle that I'm interested in is in their inventory so I would think they would be motivated to come to an agreement. It's been there for a few weeks so it's not like people are banging at their door and throwing blank checks in their direction. Hoping that their need to move units is greater than my want to get the CX-5...

Dealer never called with better offer on my trade. Will be listing it on cars.com or if anyone knows someone who is interested in a low mileage 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, PM me.

Well guys and gals, it's done, all the haggling is over and the 2014 AWD CX-5 with tech package in Meteor Gray is sitting in my driveway. Did get some more money shaved off the invoice price, plus a few extras including free oil changes for 2 years. Only thing I was not happy about is the remote start is on a separate key FOB, dealer said the actual plug and play module is not out yet, will have to discuss that tomorrow with my punch list.

We just purchased a 2014 CX-5 for my wife. She's happy with the vehicle so far.

The car was exactly as I wanted, no pre-installed dealer options. So we were able to have our exact choice of added accessories which were cargo cover and tray. The car came with "free" ("valued at $299") tinted windows, something which I already planned to for it anyways :).

2014 Pearl White FWD GT w/tech (cargo cover and cargo tray)

My sales price was $28520.60

For the drive-out price:
1. I qualified for Mazda loyalty
2. Then tax is 6.25%
3. TT&L cost $338.38

Kept it all separate so you can compare. No trade allowance, straight financing from bank.

^That's a really good deal.

I just picked up a 2014 CX-5 GT FWD, with Tech Package in Crystal White Pearl.

MSRP was $30,240.

My price was $29,025 + 6% Sales Tax + $500 or so in tax and fees (will likely be getting a refund for some of that).

I can't give my full OTD price due to a trade in I had. The price above was negotiated before the trade in was brought into the equation, so it should give a general idea of what someone walking in could get.

Last edited:
$21,300 (plus tax and licensing) for a used (2,800 mile) CX-5 Sport, with almost all of the available Sport goodies (bumper, all-weather mats, fog lights, cargo cover), plus a dealership-installed CX-7 backup camera/homelink mirror and window tinting for the prior owner. My guess was a $2000 discount from invoice, given the funky camera and tint job. In addition, by buying used, the vehicle has a 7-year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and lifetime service. Driving conservatively, we're getting 34-35 mpg in town (one trip on a Sunday morning with vacant roads was 38.5), and 31 by driving normally. Love the manual transmission and look forward to exploring the fuel mileage possibilities with creative coasting.

$21,300 (plus tax and licensing) for a used (2,800 mile) CX-5 Sport, with almost all of the available Sport goodies (bumper, all-weather mats, fog lights, cargo cover), plus a dealership-installed CX-7 backup camera/homelink mirror and window tinting for the prior owner. My guess was a $2000 discount from invoice, given the funky camera and tint job. In addition, by buying used, the vehicle has a 7-year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and lifetime service. Driving conservatively, we're getting 34-35 mpg in town (one trip on a Sunday morning with vacant roads was 38.5), and 31 by driving normally. Love the manual transmission and look forward to exploring the fuel mileage possibilities with creative coasting.

Not sure about the price of the vehicle itself (since a new CX-5 sport isn't that far off, correct?)

But in the used market, great deals are there to BE HAD if you're willing to drive stick!(drive)

I had a salesman tell me that a manual basically is the "kiss of death" for a car, which is fine by me if I'm buying. :)

As noted above, we did not know how exactly how to price it, given the camera, tint, and low mileage. Would have been easier with more miles. I guessed it was about $1 per mile discount, but the longer warranty and lifetime service (just down the street) made it worth it to us. Our current vehicles have an average of 220 thousand miles so I placed a higher value on the lifetime service than the usual customer, especially when the dealership confirmed that the only option was synthetic oil.

Pulled the trigger on a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD w Tech Pkg, Liquid Silver Metallic over Black Leather. Picking it up later today after work.

Wooooooooooooooooot!

Pulled the trigger on a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD w Tech Pkg, Liquid Silver Metallic over Black Leather. Picking it up later today after work.

Wooooooooooooooooot!

Congrats, sounds like a super nice and loaded GT.

Since this is the "price thread", I thought I should mention that I see no mention of the price (was it free maybe).

Congrats, sounds like a super nice and loaded GT.

Since this is the "price thread", I thought I should mention that I see no mention of the price (was it free maybe).

Very close ....deal involved my trade-in and Mazda Loyalty....let's just say when I pull away from the dealer, he will be bloody & bruised....(smash)

Very close ....deal involved my trade-in and Mazda Loyalty....let's just say when I pull away from the dealer, he will be bloody & bruised....(smash)

Cool, and trades can muddle the picture when talking pricing.

You will have 2 CX-5's in the future.

Which dealership on LI was it? Or was it even a dealership ON the island?
Wantagh Mazda, very easy to do business with. I would recommend them highly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting. I bought a 2014 GT w Tech Pkg as well at Wantagh. It's Sky Blue Mica. It's already at the lot. Picking it up this Saturday. Say hi to my 14 GT. Well it's actually my wife's CX-5.

Interesting. I bought a 2014 GT w Tech Pkg as well at Wantagh. It's Sky Blue Mica. It's already at the lot. Picking it up this Saturday. Say hi to my 14 GT. Well it's actually my wife's CX-5.

I hope she let's you drive it!

I am thinking of going to Wantagh Mazda myself. The two other dealers I went to felt kinda shady.

I have been looking for the SAME exact one as you bought. 2014 GT Liq Sil w/Black and Tech pkg......You bought the ONLY one on LI. Atleast thats what other dealerships told me. Enjoy it.

Well, I'm about to pull the trigger... 2014 CX-5 MT

Dealer is offering MSRP - $1000 = $20,990 + 399.99 non-negotiable doc fee (#$%^) + $42 (something else) = $21,431.99. Add to that Tax, Tag and Title (which I left out because if varies by region).

Invoice is (according to Edmunds) $21,384 so basically I'm getting it for about invoice and not paying the doc fee (or getting it about $400 less then invoice and paying the fee - same difference). I might have been able to squeeze some more out of them, but they at least put on a show of it being a good deal and they have the car I want on their lot (not easy with the MT) so I'm going for it! Picking it up Saturday!

Latest posts

Back