What did you pay for your CX-5?

The lack of deal is happening on a lot of vehicles. The GX 460 for example is on same platform released in fall 2009 (150 series). Few can get anything but MSRP on a vehicle that is built on same platform released 12 years ago. Sure.. different look and some small changes but lots of similarities.

Man, I wish the local trade-in value for my cars was a good as some of you guys are getting, especially in the US.

All, glad i found this community. First time car buyer here and my dealer says he can go 500 off 2021 cx5 GT with premium package. I am not sure if that is a good price. Any comments ?

All, glad i found this community. First time car buyer here and my dealer says he can go 500 off 2021 cx5 GT with premium package. I am not sure if that is a good price. Any comments ?
Yes, good as that trim is usually $1k or more over MSRP because it is the hottest seller mid range in the cx5 line up. As long as the admin/doc fee is reasonable and they are not adding on any dealer installed accessories that they are making you pay for and they are not making you finance to get that price, then that's probably the best you will do in this current market on that trim

I think that depends. $500 off what price exactly? In order to get a better idea of where you stand on your deal, it would be best to provide as many details as possible from your quote. If you go through the thread, you'll find that most users will post the MSRP and any additional line items. Taxes, title/licensing fees, and sometimes dealer/admin fees are region-specific, so those don't have to be included. Things like additional options or accessories should be included. It would also be good to list any rebates you're getting, if any.

$500 off may sound good, but if your price includes a bunch of overpriced add-ons as shown in this post on the previous page, the dealer can easily make up the loss from the $500 discount, and then some.

$500 off MSRP, with no other shenanigans besides the tax/title/admin fee, is good in the current climate.

I think that depends. $500 off what price exactly? In order to get a better idea of where you stand on your deal, it would be best to provide as many details as possible from your quote. If you go through the thread, you'll find that most users will post the MSRP and any additional line items. Taxes, title/licensing fees, and sometimes dealer/admin fees are region-specific, so those don't have to be included.

$500 off may sound good, but if your price includes a bunch of overpriced add-ons as shown in this post on the previous page, the dealer can easily make up the loss from the $500 discount, and then some.

$500 off MSRP, with no other shenanigans besides the tax/title/admin fee, is good in the current climate.
Thank you. This is what my dealer gave
MSRP - 34900
Doc fee - 699
etching - 399
appearance package - 399
and taxes

MSRP - 34900
Doc fee - 699
etching - 399
appearance package - 399
and taxes

VIN etching is something I wouldn't pay for. What is included in the "appearance package" for $400?

If it were me, I'd try to get them to remove those two charges - if they say "they're already on the car, we have to charge you for them", you can tell them that you'll buy a different car that doesn't have them "pre-installed" instead. However, keeping the current supply and demand issues in mind, this may not be as powerful of a bargaining chip as it used to be. You may have to eat those charges if there are no other vehicles you like available, or if you need a car right now. It sucks having to do that, but it's a lot better than paying a $2-3k markup like some of the other manufacturers are charging.

MSRP - 34900
Doc fee - 699
etching - 399
appearance package - 399
and taxes
No to Vin etch costs $10 and you can buy the kit aftermarket if you want that.
No to appearance package. Costs them $100 max.

That's where they are getting you and making up cherry on top money. They are making PLENTY at MSRP and added doc fee.

The moment you walk into finance guy's office, tell him you will not buy anything extra. Let us sign papers... :)

I am getting below price not sure what is being pushed as extra charges through dealer!!
Great to see this kind of forum and people sharing thoughts.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

CX5 Signature Metallic Gray
Msrp 39,300/-
All State theft deterrent 299/-
Doc Fee 394/-
Online Reg Fee 17/-
Reg and transfer fee 9/-
Title Fee. 58/-
Encumbrances fee. 28/-
Plus taxes

Other than theft deterrent ($10 vin etching?) and DOC (which is almost never negotiable outside of the agrees upon sales price) everything else is fees that go to the state, not the dealer. No sure about encumbrance fee. You're at close to MSRP outside of the doc and theft, so you're not getting too badly raped

The moment you walk into finance guy's office, tell him you will not buy anything extra. Let us sign papers... :)
Also try this. After you make the deal, tell the salesman or sales manager that you'll spend no more than 20 minutes in the F&I office, after that you're walking out

Other than theft deterrent ($10 vin etching?) and DOC (which is almost never negotiable outside of the agrees upon sales price) everything else is fees that go to the state, not the dealer. No sure about encumbrance fee. You're at close to MSRP outside of the doc and theft, so you're not getting too badly raped
Too badly raped! 😂

if they say "they're already on the car, we have to charge you for them", you can tell them that you'll buy a different car that doesn't have them "pre-installed" instead.
Ask them what's on the ship coming in - yes, they know.

However, even at that, one dealer told me that the owner will not sell any cars without the $1,900 sealer package. It all comes down to if the dealer wants to sell a car more than the customer wants to buy one - and its not always one way or the other.

No new 2021's are arriving. It's what's on the lot or wait for the 22s

Edit: no new 2021s are being manufactured. Only what is left in the pipeline is available, which is very slim

Last edited:
I am getting below price not sure what is being pushed as extra charges through dealer!!
Great to see this kind of forum and people sharing thoughts.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

CX5 Signature Metallic Gray
Msrp 39,300/-
Doc Fee 394/-
Online Reg Fee 17/-
Reg and transfer fee 9/-
Title Fee. 58/-
Encumbrances fee. 28/-
Plus taxes
Not sure what dealer is charging this for and is it mandatory .. 🤔