What did you pay for your CX-5?

thats strange. My dealers at NJ have 100's - atleast on their websites and calls.
Mazda connected most dealers sites to the corporate inventory system. Inbound and on-order vehicles will show on those dealers sites even though they are not on the ground yet

thats strange. My dealers at NJ have 100's - atleast on their websites and calls.
1639450464060.png

Indeed. I checked one dealer's website.
They have 50 CX5s. (2021).
So, huge discrepancy exists.
No GT-R nor Sig, though.
1639450769148.png

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about.

Do you plan to flip it into a new one or keep it? If you flip it to a dealer it would be interesting to know the mechanics of the transaction--can it in fact be done in one fell swoop without having to actually finance the buyout first, such as assigning the right to buy out to the dealer who puts up the cash?
I'm looking to buy out and keep for the time being. I like the vehicle and it's been trouble free so far. Plus, BMW is now supplying vehicles missing some key components because of the chip shortage. I recently saw on Bimmerfest somewhere where an owner flipped his and there was no need to do a buyout first to realize the increase in value.

the other day there were 0 GT-reserve and 0 Signature 2021 models on my local market (Arizona) as well. Not even 'new orders' showing up on those trims. A few Carbons are in transit.
There are GT and Touring 'incoming' but not much. Most are AWD which makes me believe the local dealers syphoned from other areas since we usually dont have AWDs.
Few CPO Signature loaner vehicles being sold for the msrp of new ones plus some absurd addons.
Usually its like this at this time of the year for the previous year models (i.e 2021 production stops) and next year models (ie 2022) show up in December but not this year of course.
So between now and who knows when in the winter it is a bad time to buy if one wants the top trims, etc

Last edited:
the other day there were 0 GT-reserve and 0 Signature 2021 models on my local market (Arizona) as well. Not even 'new orders' showing up on those trims. A few Carbons are in transit.
There are GT and Touring 'incoming' but not much. Most are AWD which makes me believe the local dealers syphoned from other areas since we usually dont have AWDs.
Few CPO Signature loaner vehicles being sold for the msrp of new ones plus some absurd addons.
Usually its like this at this time of the year for the previous year models (i.e 2021 production stops) and next year models (ie 2022) show up in December but not this year of course.
So between now and who knows when in the winter it is a bad time to buy if one wants the top trims, etc

I think it was a few months ago that Mazda stopped producing FWD CX-5's. And all 2022 models to be AWD.

Please rate below offer from a dealer for a 2021 CX5 - GT with premium package

MSRP: 34790
Reg Fee: 300
Tire fee: 12
Dealer doc fee: 175
taxes: 2314

Total : 37640

Dealer is ready to give 1000 off of MSRP. Is it a good deal ? Should i take it ?

If I need to ask servicing packages, what should I ask for? Newbie in car purchases. Appreciate all the help
Any one, please help on this.

Here in California I don't believe the dealers have at their stores CX-5. However, new 2021 CX-5's should arrive at many California dealers during the and of September and first week of January. 2022 model CX-5's I guess will arrive on dealer lots during February and March.
So for at least the new 2-3 weeks California dealers are not discounting prices below MSRP.
If you are in an area where a few dealers currently have 2021 CX-5 inventory I think you could get at least a $2,000 discount from MSRP. But if it's your favorite color and has the premium package (which is somewhat rare) my vote is "go for it !".
Over the past 7 nears I've purchased 4 new Mazda's (3 CX-5's , 1 Miata) and never bought any sort of service package.

Yes, anything MSRP or less ( the true monroney sticker price from the manufacturer) is a good deal as long as there are no other bogus dealer add ons that they will make you buy. I don't know what that tire fee is though. Also confirm the reg fee because those are not an even number and is that for new plates or transfer and for how many years.

Here in California I don't believe the dealers have at their stores CX-5. However, new 2021 CX-5's should arrive at many California dealers during the and of September and first week of January. 2022 model CX-5's I guess will arrive on dealer lots during February and March.
So for at least the new 2-3 weeks California dealers are not discounting prices below MSRP.
If you are in an area where a few dealers currently have 2021 CX-5 inventory I think you could get at least a $2,000 discount from MSRP. But if it's your favorite color and has the premium package (which is somewhat rare) my vote is "go for it !".
Over the past 7 nears I've purchased 4 new Mazda's (3 CX-5's , 1 Miata) and never bought any sort of service package.
There is absolutely no way that is happening with current inventory shortages

Unless you prefer the convenience, skip the "service packages" they might offer you. The Scheduled Maintenance is detailed in the Owner's Manual - just follow that in order to maintain your warranty.

If you do want to negotiate a service package, it sounds like others here have reported that their dealerships will charge around $100 for oil and filter change, plus tire rotation and multi-point inspection. So you can use that as a starting point.

I just checked the website of my closest dealer (they claim they are the #1 dealer in N-CA).
They have 73 2022 CX5s in transit.
50 2021 CX5s on the lot.
Looks like price is going down soon. I hope. :)

I just checked the website of my closest dealer (they claim they are the #1 dealer in N-CA).
They have 73 2022 CX5s in transit.
50 2021 CX5s on the lot.
Looks like price is going down soon. I hope. :)

As far as I know there is not a Mazda dealer in the SF Bay Area or Sacramento that has on their store lots any 2021 CX-5's . Every dealer I've talked to is expecting their new 2021 CX-5's to arrive at the end of December.

As far as I know there is not a Mazda dealer in the SF Bay Area or Sacramento that has on their store lots any 2021 CX-5's . Every dealer I've talked to is expecting their new 2021 CX-5's to arrive at the end of December.
1639533881448.png

the other day there were 0 GT-reserve and 0 Signature 2021 models on my local market (Arizona) as well. Not even 'new orders' showing up on those trims.
If you're okay with it, a lot of dealers have some coming out of the service department (loaners) soon - you can call the dealer and see what they have. And unlike what many people think, people who use service department loaners are pretty easy on them, they're not tearing them up like they used to with rentals

Any and all new CX-5's arriving are 2022 model year. Dealers have the vins listed on their website of those units in transit, NOT on the lot. There are no 2021 units being built or shipped. Whatever stock is left, is what is left and units may get transferred and consolidated around from other neighboring dealers and show up on dealers sites from trades etc

Any and all new CX-5's arriving are 2022 model year. Dealers have the vins listed on their website of those units in transit, NOT on the lot. There are no 2021 units being built or shipped. Whatever stock is left, is what is left and units may get transferred and consolidated around from other neighboring dealers and show up on dealers sites from trades etc

Here in Nor Cal there is a ship scheduled to arrive in port this weekend and it contains hundreds of 2021 CX-5's. The 2022 model CX-5's will not start arriving at Nor Cal dealerships until February , 2022.

Here in Nor Cal there is a ship scheduled to arrive in port this weekend and it contains hundreds of 2021 CX-5's. The 2022 model CX-5's will not start arriving at Nor Cal dealerships until February , 2022.
And you know this how? 2022s only take a few weeks to get to port from the factory. They will be on dealers lots in January or sooner. There is no way that many 2021s are on a boat waiting to arrive. They stopped producing them months ago and unless they've been stuck at sea for 3 months, it's not possible

Back