What did you pay for your CX-5?

In MA?...seems all the best deals are in CA

Location doesn*t matter to me, I*m not fooled, any dealer out there can wheel and deal...

The CA deals didn*t have anything on the deals gotten in the South (Va, NC mainly). The DC area is loaded with deals if you stay sharp and know what you*re doing (be persistent really)....

Looking for a CX5 GT with the PP, no other bells and whistles. MSRP is $34,115 which includes destination.

Best I am seeing locally is about 4% off MSRP which puts me in the $31,2xxn range and then there is an additional $1,500 in rebates available which I did not include in that 4%.

I just started seeking emailed quotes. Is $30,000 pre rebate realistic?

Looking for a CX5 GT with the PP, no other bells and whistles. MSRP is $34,115 which includes destination.

Best I am seeing locally is about 4% off MSRP which puts me in the $31,2xxn range and then there is an additional $1,500 in rebates available which I did not include in that 4%.

I just started seeking emailed quotes. Is $30,000 pre rebate realistic?

That's 12% off MSRP, so YES, it is definitely realistic. 10-12% off should be the minimum folks settle for IMO, and it is highly doable if you stay persistent...

Good luck, and let us know what they hit you back with when you ask...

That's 12% off MSRP, so YES, it is definitely realistic. 10-12% off should be the minimum folks settle for IMO, and it is highly doable if you stay persistent...

Good luck, and let us know what they hit you back with when you ask...

Thank you for the quick reply! I'm going to flat out tell them I'm looking for $30,000. OTD I would be looking at somewhere around $31,000 with the rebate included.

Thank you for the quick reply! I'm going to flat out tell them I'm looking for $30,000. OTD I would be looking at somewhere around $31,000 with the rebate included.

No problem. Hey, everyone always ask my secrets, truth is, there isn*t any, I just flat out tell them what I*m paying and I stick to it. Sure, some will laugh, but I*ve never not gotten the deal that satisfies me to this day, and I always will. Stay the course...

He came back with a best price of $200 lower. Still about $1000 away from my sweet spot.

They didn't budge on the price. Sale price of right around $30,900. I didn't bite.

Last edited:
He came back with a best price of $200 lower. Still about $1000 away from my sweet spot.

They didn't budge on the price. Sale price of right around $30,900. I didn't bite.

By the end of the week with the EOM approaching, they'll be calling and begging for a deal. By then, you can tell them you want a Bangin' 4th of July Firecracker of a Deal...lol

Good luck, Ty, continue to stick to your guns...

Hey y'all!

I got an initial quote of $33, 679 for a Grand Touring Reserve in St. Louis, MO. The age old question: can I do better? That's using a TrueCar (Sam's Club) discount.

EDIT: I forgot to add what the hell I'm buying.

Hey y'all!

I got an initial quote of $33, 679 for a Grand Touring Reserve in St. Louis, MO. The age old question: can I do better? That's using a TrueCar (Sam's Club) discount.

You can do way way better. That price doesn*t even seem like a discount at all hardly. What*s the MSRP of the vehicle you*re quoting?

Yep, by another $1k easily...

best offer for the GTR is now $32,900, but $33,400 if I finance.(I plan on financing $20k)
I Emailed about 15 dealers and only a few seem serious. Most where around $34k and don't want to budge. It just seems the turbos are not heavily in stock and the dealers don't want to be aggressive in their offers.

Hey y'all!

does that include doc fee? Are you financing? I emailed all dealers around me telling them I would be financing and a few gave me a quote $500 lower but they were phony quotes when push came to shove as they later stated $500 more if I was financing.
Many dealers disregarded everything my email clearly stated and asked when I could stop by(email stated it would be online quote process)..asked if loyalty(clearly stated no in Email), ect. Very frustrating people can't comprehend.

Doc fee isn't included* and yes, I'm financing. They keep asking me the same thing, too, and I have no interest in "stopping by." The fact is, I know exactly the unit I want* it's just a matter of getting the price I want. If I could get it for $32k with financing, I'd be thrilled.

Doc fee isn't included* and yes, I'm financing. They keep asking me the same thing, too, and I have no interest in "stopping by." The fact is, I know exactly the unit I want* it's just a matter of getting the price I want. If I could get it for $32k with financing, I'd be thrilled.

they will quote you with $500 customer rebate...be careful
My best offer including doc fee and .9 financing is $33,400 for a grey GTR

Last edited:
I got a Machine Gray Signature for $35,312 with wheel locks, cargo cover, all season mats, and oil changes/tire rotations for two years. This is in the Troy, Michigan area. It was the best pricing among five Mazda dealers in Michigan. Most likely could have gotten a better deal if I would have expanded my search outside of Michigan since the area is a heavy GM , Ford, and FCA market but I am comfortable with the deal considering all factors. Loving the ride so far!

Gray GT-R w/ roof rails, MSRP $36,615.

Paid $33,395
+ $484 dmv
+ $3,051 tax (9% here)
+ $1,870 Bumper-to-bumper till 150k mi, $100 deductible

So worth it.

Hey y'all!

Bought one from STL dealership a bit over a month ago for right under $32000 ($199 doc fee included). Used consumer reports TruCar and managed to get more off after that..

After contacting 18 dealers in the MA/RI area, the best deal I could get for a grey GTR($36,215 MSRP) was $33,400(including doc fee) with .9% financing. Would have been $32,900 if I took the $500 cash back. Most dealers couldn't match or come close.

Back