What did I do wrong?

falsedawn

:
Red 2002 P5
I'm not quite sure, but it must have been something, because I was dreading changing my headlight bulbs after reading all the "horror stories" on here about plugs and clips and broken bits and washer bottles in the way.

Imagine my surprise when I started to do the job.
Driver side first - pull off white plug, pull off rubber dust cap, unclip spring fastener, pull out bulb and adapter, switch new bulb to adapter, insert in housing, clip back spring, replace rubber boot, replace white plug.
Repeat on passenger side, which was no problem at all despite my banana fingers.

So, I'm just a little bit unsure how anybody could possibly find this a difficult job. Took me 5 minutes, and 2 of them were for removing the new bulbs from the packaging.

Oh, and the new falken ziex tires are such a sweet change after finally swapping the steel winters out. Car handles how it's supposed to again. :)

I've always wondered why people have problems with the headlights as well. It's about the easiest thing you can do on this car.

I never had any probs. easy fo sheesy. only difficult part is sometimes the bulb is a pain to take off but nothing a little muscle and right touch cant handle

If the bulb has been there for a long time, and the various plugs/housings were not treated with dielectric grease, it can be a b****.

The second time is cake because you greased everything up the first time.

Or if you have big hands, it is tough to fit them in the small space. i had fun doing mine. Too fat fingered, and got help from a friend with smaller hands.

sometimes if you try to do it for the first time in an autozone parking lot when it's pitch black and 10 degrees out it's a b****....but after that it's a breeze!

*and by do it I meant having sex

i just changed the passenger one in the dark...not greased at all...and ive got big fingers, bout broke a few of em lol

yea it was a b****

its not technically challenging. for me the tuff part is the pasenger side. i have fat, big hands and its just hard to get em in there. it is a b**** though, i will attest to that. glad you didnt have a problem

First replaced driver side, then passenger, then driver again...(went with cheap bulb this time...paid for it as it burned out in two months) finally replaced BOTH at the same time with sylvania's superwhite 'hid lookalike' ones..really bright, really pleased, and 1yr warranty. (45bucks or so).

Anyhow, the last time was the easiest. Less that 5 minutes. I finally noticed that there is a 'notch' in the little silver plate that the bulb must be fitted into before putting it into the housing. I think that notch is directional...has to be on the top. Made all the difference to me...tis my theory and i'm sticking to it.

Jason

Oh yeah, piece of cake as long as clip stays in place. I don't think many people considered it much more than a minor inconvenience. IMO most were just voicing frustration with an unecessary lack of sensible engineering creating waste of time. I don't think anyone was gonna give up & take it to the dealer or anything like that.

Exactly, you just do what you have to do & move on. Nothing to start going to therapy over.

How many Mazda forum members and posts does it take to screw in a light bulb. Really now.

altspace said:
How many Mazda forum members and posts does it take to screw in a light bulb. Really now.
OMG!!! (rlaugh)(hahaspit)(rofl)(hahaspit)(rlaugh)

BEST POST 3V4R! (first)

Back