What a great way to start the day off

I'm not sure if any of you had this problem, I was on my way to work this morning and was driving in shifttronic.

The weather was around 29 degrees car wasn't fully warmed up because it only takes 10 mins to get to work.

was sitting in small traffic in shifttronic n 1st gear and right as the light turned green the engine stalled, the airbag, battery, and CEL came on.. threw it in park started it again and it was fine. got to work a couple mins early.. checked everything in the engine bay looked normal.. sat there in shifttronic with parking break on trying to simulate the problem once more... nothing... maybe it was just 1 of those days. if it helps I just put in 87 gas from speedway.. just to get me through the week about half a gallon was put in, maybe some bad gas? I don't have a CEL now and the car isn't idling abnormally, just freaked me out is all.

I don't know if I should worry, this friday the car is being taken apart and the turbo is going in. if anyone can give some insight that would be awesome.

Don't know what can cause that, but I would like to know about your turbo install since you have a shifttronic like me.
Can you give me some info on the kit and how much boost your going to use?
Thanks

altspace said:
Yes, others have experienced this. Search for bogging, etc.

but that's the thing ny engine didn't bog down or misfire or anything, it just died. now I'm going to assume because I have a RRFPR and only a standard fuel pump that could cause an issue, vac lines look god too and I don't see any exhaust leak. also would a bad MAF cause ur car do just instantly die or a loose connection between the CAI and the TB?

all I know was it was werid, I'm going to try burning through this gas and friday I'm going to go back to putting in BP i've had good results and it only started after I used speedway gas.

jR. said:
Don't know what can cause that, but I would like to know about your turbo install since you have a shifttronic like me.
Can you give me some info on the kit and how much boost your going to use?
Thanks

The kit is a spool turbo kit using a T3 Super 60 turbo from turbonetics with a FMU/02 set up. not pushing more then 6 PSI which I will be driving in shifttronic 99.9% of the time, also have transmission cooler installed as well my thread is somewhere in this fourm more information can be found there

Crazee D said:
Strange and curious...

yea strange and curious is what I said when I went out on break and started my car, I can't find anything wrong. now I have bee searching around and I read that it could be the main relay or fuel pump relay or *Drum roll please* the transmisson control soleniod does go out after awhile on these cars but this is the first time its happen since I've owned the car and I bought it will 31392 and its got close to 35,000 on it now. so lets pray that it doesn't keep happening. or else its 200 buck replacement that I really don't have the money for..

That happened to me once out of the blue at a stoplight shortly after leaving the house. I was all WTF!? Started the car back up & has never happened again. (Knocking on wood, no not that kind)

i12drivemyMP5 said:
That happened to me once out of the blue at a stoplight shortly after leaving the house. I was all WTF!? Started the car back up & has never happened again. (Knocking on wood, no not that kind)

^^^

ya I dunno wtf caused it been driving all afternoon still couldn't simulate the problem. so it must something all MP5's have in common because i've been searching all day and I get te same story I have

Back