well it happened this morning

blackmica08

:
2008 mazdaspeed3
as i was droping my two girls at summer school i had to sit for a few minutes outside waiting for the teacher to show up and open the damn door( she's always late) i noticed a strange odor coming inside the car i quickly step outside and there it was smoke all over the place. car has 5200 miles on it. the only good thing about it dealership its cool, turbo already on its way.

mazda really gave you and the spd6's some bad turbos.

But of course they gave you guys about 100hp more than us.

Did you take off your mods before taking it to the dealer?Also how long has your DP been on there before you got the smoke?

sorry to go off topic but, did u switch to synthetic oil or kept non synthetic as from the dealer when it was new.

Since he said it happened this morning, I really dont think he had enough time to swap all the parts back to stock. Im sure he left them on there, and just has a better dealership than some of us

i didnt have time to swap anything back to stock, and i was using full synthetic after my first oil change, which i only did two. dp was installed about 4 months ago. like i said the guys at the dealer are cool , but then again i also boughted a cx7 for the wife, and my brother in law got a cx9, and his mom got a mazda 5, plus i usually hang out in that dealership at least once aweek to talk to the guys at the shop.

Now see thats what I need to start doing.... hanging out at the shop and making friends with the shop guys. They already for some strange reason already know me pretty well.. for only going in there like 3-4 times. Or at least they act like they know me haha. I do also have 1 of like 2-3 speed 3's in town so maybe thats why. Good thing you have the turbo on order.. are you just going with another OEM one.. or upgrading?

Now see thats what I need to start doing.... hanging out at the shop and making friends with the shop guys. They already for some strange reason already know me pretty well.. for only going in there like 3-4 times. Or at least they act like they know me haha. I do also have 1 of like 2-3 speed 3's in town so maybe thats why. Good thing you have the turbo on order.. are you just going with another OEM one.. or upgrading?

for the time being im going with whatever they send, the tech guy told me mazda came out with a new stronger turbo as a replacement for warranties i dont know if im getting that one or the bad one. i was thinking to upgrade the turbo but whats out there for tunning its not enough, maybe when someone comes out with a better tunning then i will upgrade.

Hold on... The down pipe is known for causing severe smoking when sitting at an idle. Also, a DP will void your turbo warranty no matter how cool you are with the dealership. The Mazda warranty rep will never let that fly. Look at all the MS6's that had bad turbos, a majority had been or were at some point running with the DP. I know two guys that got rid of their DP's simply becuase they would fill an intersection with smoke waiting for the light to change.

Hold on... The down pipe is known for causing severe smoking when sitting at an idle. Also, a DP will void your turbo warranty no matter how cool you are with the dealership. The Mazda warranty rep will never let that fly. Look at all the MS6's that had bad turbos, a majority had been or were at some point running with the DP. I know two guys that got rid of their DP's simply becuase they would fill an intersection with smoke waiting for the light to change.

the mazda warranty rep will only show up if when the tech calls for a new turbo as a replacement for warranty he tell the tech he needs to see the car, in my case that didnt happen, as a matter of fact the tech guy called me after i left to show where the leak was, also he told me that he had taken already the bad turbo out and he was waiting for the new one to show up which its today to put everything back together. mazda does not have a rep at every dealer waiting for a smoking turbo to show up. nonsense.

Hate to tell you but its not the turbo. I have a new turbo and it smokes at idle
its the PVC system opening up under idle and letting s*** in. Order and install
a catch can i know i am.

I used to hang out in the shop all the time, but that was only because my msp used to have all these weird issues.

Hate to tell you but its not the turbo. I have a new turbo and it smokes at idle
its the PVC system opening up under idle and letting s*** in. Order and install
a catch can i know i am.

Word. I have the same smoke after my turbo was replaced. Not gonna install a catch can until Mazda understands it's not the turbo. I'll just keep taking my smoking car to them. Car runs great though..lol.

Word. I have the same smoke after my turbo was replaced. Not gonna install a catch can until Mazda understands it's not the turbo. I'll just keep taking my smoking car to them. Car runs great though..lol.

yeah I dont smoke alot but its embarrassing sometimes....

i went by to the dealership this morning and i snapped this pics as you can see ,for the doubters, the dp and rp on the floor, also its the same turbo the k0422 what they send as a replacement.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 230
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 219
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 210
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 198

Im sorry this whole post is incorrect. You have no clue. Smoking of the turbo seals is in no way related to swappig out dp's. The dealer and I are straight as well. When I took my car for regular pm, the car started to smoke badly. Called up, and they told me to pick it tomorrow due to swapping out the turbo... Ever since my swap I have not had an issue yet...knock on wood. Have a nice one.

Back