Weird coolant discharge

YelPro03

:
2015 Mazda 3s Touring
My wife was driving to work yesterday in her 2003 P5 and when she got there she noticed there was green fluid dripping from the engine compartment on to the ground and is running down the lot. So right away she calls me at work and told me what's happening. I told her to pop the hood and see if she can see where the leak is coming from. So she popped the hood and found that the leak was coming from the coolant overflow reservoir. I told her it is normal for some coolant to come out of the overflow reservoir but she said there was a lot of fluid that leaked out. Without seeing it for myself I dont know what her definition of a lot is but theres a garage just behind where she works and the guy took a look. He did say that theres more on the ground than expected but he checked the fluid level in the radiator and it was full. When she got home I took a look at it and everything looked normal to me. Has this ever happened to any of you? What do you think caused all that leakage?

It may be that the car got warmer than it has in a while and when she shut it off, it gained even more heat and forced coolant into the reserve...more than it could hold. I've owned quite a few cars that overflowed after shutdown. Have you done any cooling system work recently? A flush or drain for any reason?

It may be that the car got warmer than it has in a while and when she shut it off, it gained even more heat and forced coolant into the reserve...more than it could hold. I've owned quite a few cars that overflowed after shutdown. Have you done any cooling system work recently? A flush or drain for any reason?
No cooling system work was done recently. Do you think a check up is in order?

I told her to keep an eye on the temp gauge since that happened so far she said it has remained in the middle right where it should be.

Latest posts

Back