2017~2024 Weather tech in channel visors on 2019 cx-5

I installed weather tech in channel window visors on 2019 cx-5 and now it sounds like the windows are open. Anyone else have this issue or know of a way to silence the outside noise

Doyou mean those rain deflectors for the side windows? The kind that slide up into the window channel?

I guess its easy to disrupt the air flow around the window seals.

Assuming you installed them correctly the angle is set by the design.

I guess people like them in rainy weather so they can smoke and they are quiet at lower speed but I'm not surprised they are audible on the highway.

The question is: are they quieter on the highway with the window(s) down 2" WITH or WITHOUT the window visors?

They do a good job of keeping the rain out.

Yeah, the rain deflectors. They go up inside the window instead of sticking to the outside, they are called in channel I believe. I installed them by the instructions but haven’t used them with the windows down. I bought them just to crack the windows in summer to let the heat out of the car.

I have never used the in channel ones before I have always used the ones with the double sided tape. The issues I am having is I can hear everything outside the car now like the windows are cracked so I was just looking for ideas to maybe make the seal better at the top of the window.

I may just end up taking them off though.

In-channels look the best, but can be a pain to install. Sounds like they aren't sitting how they are supposed to, so you have a gap allowing air to pass through. They also put extra pressure on the glass which can have an effect on sensors (new Ram trucks are notorious for this). I've sold and installed them for years, and they are a crap-shoot as to whether they will go on properly or not. You could remove them, apply new tape, and give it another go, or settle for regular stick on ones.

In-channels look the best, but can be a pain to install. Sounds like they aren't sitting how they are supposed to, so you have a gap allowing air to pass through. They also put extra pressure on the glass which can have an effect on sensors (new Ram trucks are notorious for this). I've sold and installed them for years, and they are a crap-shoot as to whether they will go on properly or not. You could remove them, apply new tape, and give it another go, or settle for regular stick on ones.

yeah, I was thinking about taking them out and putting them back in as it did interfere with the auto roll up sensors. They are working now but the sound is annoying.

yep, i have been very apprehensive on getting them because of sound fitment / channel seating issues... has weather tech identified or offered solutions to theses current issues?

Back