We lost a fellow brother last night...

There's a silver p5 with a sticker on it at my school... I have no idea who owns it though.

Yeah, at first I thought it was yours then realized it wasn't from pics of your car.

Going to SPSU?

Yea next year and probably the year after that. Then I'll be going to another school (don't know where yet) for mechanical engineering, because SPSU only has Mechanical Engineering Technology.

Mechatronics is the way to go man. Every engineer i have met in either mechanical or electrical has said they wish they had some kind of training the other.

Do you guys have any stickers " in memory of 1338?" I would like to get one

Yep, Mechatronics is the way to go.
50% of the MET juniors fail hardcore when they reach thermodynamics... Mechatronics gets to skip it.
That and there's a TON of companies looking to hire immediately for Mechatronics verses trying to replace someone in the MET field is kinda challenging.

This hurts my soul!!!!!!!!!! Since i lost another close friend to something like this last week. RIP and let me know when the service is going to be.

This hurts my soul!!!!!!!!!! Since i lost another close friend to something like this last week. RIP and let me know when the service is going to be.

sorry for your loss Wallace. Shannon (1338) was a really great guy and when the time comes we'll keep you informed of his memorial drive we do yearly.

I see this banner on here alot..1338 Sad stuff. I know a girl from snellville. she goes to vandy in nashville... seeing that made me think of them both. he is greatly missed and man i miss her!!!!

sad story it seems (cant read the full because broken link -.-) by reading other comments it seems horible but my respects to his family even tho i was 14 when it happened i still just ordered 2 stickers for him. R.I.P. 1338 my god be with you :(

Sadly my original 1338 vinyl is almost completely peeled off. I have a second one that I'll put on once I remove the rest of the original. Miss ya Shannon.

Wow! I don't even know where to start here. This is the second time I read this thread. It took a while...I had to stop a few times especially when the family posted. I've personally known 2 people the automotive community has lost (1 Corvette and 1 Mazda) and it's amazing how everyone pulls together. Losing a brother (or sister) is never easy, but the is always able to cross the lines of vehicle make, type and geographic location to come together in support for each other. I'm not sure if it says more about the caliber of person we lost or caliber of people in the automotive community...but then I guess it's all one in the same.

Tom, Steve, and, it seems, Shannon were all INCREDIBLE guys who got taken from this world too soon. We are all blessed to have had our lives touched by these people. The similarities between the 3 personalities (again, I only know Shannon by what I've read) is uncanny. Besides the love for speed, all 3 were genuine, giving, and understood the concept of appreciating each day you're given. More people should live their lives like that.

The rotating banner and this thread still being active is a tribute to the person Shannon was. Stickers are being ordered for each of my vehicles so I can do my part.

"May the highways in heaven be curved and quick." Godspeed, my friend

Thank You

it has been a while since i have looked at or posted on this forum. but i just wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you again for the support and kind remarks. shannon was a wonderful person, a great big brother to look up to. i can still remember his voice and his awkward teenage years. i contribute half of who i am today to him, for everything he has done and taught me. i am disappointed that there wasn't a drive this year and i completely understand that every one has their own lives to live. i have missed the previous drives as i was just trying to accept what happened (selfish, i know and i apologize) but i do request that maybe next year, if we could all get together and maybe take a drive in the mountains and meet up at summits and grab an import beer or whatever. it surprises me to see the 1338 stickers, it is a nice surprise and i am glad to see his memory live on in such a positive way. thank you guys, for everything. (drive)

lacy
(shannon's sister)

"every day is so valuable and important because after that day is done, you can never get that day back."

Hey, Lacy. Glad to see you post. I still wear my original 1338 on my car even though it has started to fall off I still see it everyday in my rear view. I have a second generation sticker to replace it, in silver, but I hate replacing the orange one. Unfortunately I couldn't make the drive this year because my transmission broke last week. One of the important things about the drive for me was talking with your mom after the drive when we'd stop by with Ron. I missed that part of the run last year and was bummed to hear we probably wouldn't see you this year either. Well , maybe next year. Unfortunately it is something that takes some quality planning to organize and we'll have to a better job at it next year. I still REMEMBER 1338. -Scott

I dropped the ball on this years drive, I really wanted to do one, but i didn't think enough people would come out this year since last years was a small turnout. But next next we will do it up, Do the mountain drive earlier in the year when its nicer out

Back