Way to disable SiriusXM severe weather alerts?

Can any new owner of a 2021 CX-9 GT please explain if there is a way to disable the severe weather alerts that are CONSTANTLY popping up. It is so maddening. I have searched high and low online, and nothing has worked. In the new infotainment software, the only possible setting I have found to disable these alerts is in the Navigation Settings menu. In this screen there are two options for SiriusXM Travelink "Traffic" and "Weather." Both of these options are DISABLED in my menu. However, the severe weather alerts do not stop appearing every 30 seconds. The only possible other solution I can think of would be to call SiriusXM and have them deactivate my radio. I am still in the trial period, but I do not plan to pay for SiriusXM after it ends. Any suggestions are welcome here.

Solution
I can’t remember the main menu selection…I think it’s information. Go to Sirius Travelink. Weather alerts. You should see options for alert notifications and alerts filters. Unchecking everything in both options should disable the alerts.
I hope you find a solution for this. Sirius XM sounds bad anyway and I haven't used it since the free trial period ended years ago, but I still hear these damn alerts in my Infiniti FX37.

Upvote 0
I can’t remember the main menu selection…I think it’s information. Go to Sirius Travelink. Weather alerts. You should see options for alert notifications and alerts filters. Unchecking everything in both options should disable the alerts.
Hah, I just stumbled across this in the menus last week and thought I would come back to this post and see if I missed it. And apparently I did. Trip CX9 is correct. I even took it to the dealer weeks ago and not one salesperson or service tech knew how to disable those alerts. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Maybe like the cell phones in Ontario Canada, we cannot turn off the alerts! They are a nuisance when the alert goes of at 2am in the morning. Maybe it is a local safety requirement in your state as it us here.

Upvote 0
I had to disable the alerts on mine as well... Would have been fine if they were alerts for my area, but I was getting weather alerts for counties 50+ miles away. Couldn't find a way to set a maximum alert distance or anything like that.

Upvote 0
Hah, I just stumbled across this in the menus last week and thought I would come back to this post and see if I missed it. And apparently I did. Trip CX9 is correct. I even took it to the dealer weeks ago and not one salesperson or service tech knew how to disable those alerts. Thanks!
I just got my 2022 Miata and the weather alerts are driving me crazy! I don't have Sirius because I don't like it, so never renewed after trial period. It wouldn't be too bad if you could make them disappear from the screen while driving, but I don't want to pull over every time I get one. They aren't for any place near me, either. I will check tomorrow to see if I can find the link listed above. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Back