warranty void

kirk2rbo

:
Mazda, CX-5 AWD/Touring/2015
Guys just want to know if you changed/ modified something on/in your CX-5 are we voiding the warranty... i was planning to change my halogen bulbs (low-beam, fog lights and hi-beam) with HID..

Guys just want to know if you changed/ modified something on/in your CX-5 are we voiding the warranty... i was planning to change my halogen bulbs (low-beam, fog lights and hi-beam) with HID..
Yes, you would void the warranty on the bulbs and probably housing/wiring to the bulbs. That is if you were to have a problem with it and did not take out before claiming at the dealer.

However, you would not be voiding the warranty of any components not related to the lighting system. See the Magnuson-Moss Act if you want to learn a lot more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson_Act

Read that, It will explain the warranty laws. Like Vacy said, the only thing installing HID's would void, is something related specifically to the lighting system alone. Anything else wouldnt be effected by the HID's, therefor wouldnt effect the warranty. And even then, its on the DEALERSHIP to PROVE the HID's you installed broke something. If they cant PROVE it, then your warranty is still fully covered INCLUDING your lighting system.

And since HID's really cant damage the lighting system as long as its installed correctly, you really dont have anything to worry about.

Didn't realize you are in Qatar, kirk2rbo. Still, the same concepts should apply.

Latest posts

Back