Have low beams turn on when unlocking car? Help (2014 CX-5)

Festyfrank

:
88 Ford Festiva custom w/ B6T
Hello I have a 14 Mazda CX-5 with halogen bulbs I'd like to have the low beams turn on once I unlock the car anyone have a how to on this?

LH.PNG

What I specify is under light settings in the HMI screen, by the way your heading on the thread is probably wrong, here you write switch off, but you want to switch the light on

What I specify is under light settings in the HMI screen, by the way your heading on the thread is probably wrong, here you write switch off, but you want to switch the light on
That was the first thing I check on my display screen there wasnt an option

Hello I have a 14 Mazda CX-5 with halogen bulbs I'd like to have the low beams turn on once I unlock the car anyone have a how to on this?

According to the Owners Manuals, it looks like the 2014 didn't come with that feature, though it does appear on other model years for the CX-5.

On my 2016.5 CX-5, for example, the Owners Manual does have entries for the various headlight control functions, in section 9-10 Personalization Features:

2016.5 CX-5 Owners Manual:

• Auto Headlight Off -- The time required for headlights to turn off after ignition is switched off can be changed: Off, 30sec, 60sec, 90sec, 120sec.
  • Coming Home Light -- The time required for the headlights to turn off after closing all of the doors can be changed: Off, 30sec, 60sec, 90sec, 120sec.
  • Leaving Home Light System -- Turns on the lights when the key unlock switch is pressed while away from the vehicle: On/Off, default 30sec; when key fob lock, lights turn off.

But for the 2014, the Owners Manual has limited headlight control features, in section 9-10 Personalization Features:

2014 CX-5 Owners Manual:
  • Auto headlight off -- The time required for headlights to turn off after ignition is switched off can be changed: 0=Off, 30sec, 60sec, 90sec, 120sec.; assuming wiper/headlight stalk is set to AUTO.

I wonder if the local dealership could add the leaving home light system to my car? I know there are plenty of subtle difference between the 14 and 16.5 but I wonder still. If this isn't an option how would you all wire this option?

Also found the modules and pacjocinfusing as to which method will give me headlights on by the key fob.

So what I ended up doing was simply switching headlights on and leaving it on.

When I lock car, headlights are off.
When I want them on, push unlock…

Try and see..

Back