Warning to MTL Mazdas

Irronically after posting this I got pulled over with a stock exhaust...you could tell the cop was annoyed when he told be to get out of there and he peeled out ...I should have pulled him over for squeeling his tires...

I love it, i got pulled over too with the stock exhaust. the cop did the hole rubber gloves thing. He even stuck his little prick in my pipe. ******* asshole.
No ticket.

well all, seems like a MTL tradition, once again its crack down season with the po-po. I got pulled over twice in 5 days....that makes 3 times in less than a month. Only 1 ticket in 3 stops. Still not bad. (granted I got slapped with a BS ticket for illegal side markers instead *sigh*)

I got a warning for running with my stock fogs on (no headlights) in the day a week ago. Cop said they are for off road use only. the ticket is $150.

Last year, I exited at St. Laurent. The cop already had a severely tinted jetta pulled over. I saw him first and barely pressed the gas on my CPE exhausted MS6. He glanced up, signalled for me to pull over and when he finished with the Jetta, said I was getting a ticket for a "non standard exhaust" and not for it being loud, even though, at that point had not even looked under the car. I'm fighting it on the pretense he doesn't know if it's stock or not...could be the optional Mazdaspeed factory exhaust that was installed before I even picked it up (making it stock)...no court date yet and it's been one year. But when I do go, it's going to be interesting.

well the cops don't always know what they're talking about obviously.

I sold my RX7 to my brother and he got pulled over for "burning oil". The cop sent him to inspection because his engine is "broken" because he smelled oil following him. It's an 86, maybe it's burning a bit more oil than it was when it was new, but they burn oil by design...but he didnt' wanna listen

I live in montreal ... last summer I was pulled over for stupid reasons but I didn't know it was that bad

well all its starting to be that time of year again, I've been pulled over twice this month (only 1 ticket) but the one that got me yesterday was on the JC bridge boasting that he owned an MSP before buying an MS6 and proceeded to arrogantly cut me off when I was explaining why my exhaust was legal (I had the silencer in thus making it conform the the sound pollution laws with respects the a stock MSP exhaust).

My friend saw another yellow MSP with vinyls on the hood on the JC bridge this morning getting a piece of the action, beware this year I think they're making a serious effort against the "modified car gods"

also for good measure I need to submit for inspection because of my tints thanks to our friendly neighbored doughnut eaters

Last edited:
WOW this is bad, I have yet to do anything to my 2002 but I am not liking what I am reading here. I am not interested in BS like this, I can understand if we are racing all about the streets but for no reason just to pull you over and give a ticket for a none stock exhaust?????? what the hell is that, these are not new cars and we are bound to replace parts as they wear out.

Back