Walk Away Lock & Auto Lock Options

athique

:
Mazda CX5 2013 FWD Full Option
Hi,

Need some inputs on the following :

Walk away lock :
Basically you walk away with your key and it auto locks all your doors.
But it so happens that if the driver has walked away and one of the passengers is still getting out of the car , the walk away lock does not seem to work .

Auto Lock :
The timing options in auto lock says 30 / 60 / 90 Seconds .

I have no clue what this does as i tried simulating these options and nothing happens.

Cheers,

Athique

My understanding of auto lock is this:

1. Use remote to unlock the door by pressing the remote unlock button, or by touching the door lock request button.
2. Do not enter the car (do not open the door or use the handle in anyway)
3. After 30/60/90 seconds, the car will re-lock the door.

Hi,

Need some inputs on the following :

Walk away lock :
Basically you walk away with your key and it auto locks all your doors.
But it so happens that if the driver has walked away and one of the passengers is still getting out of the car , the walk away lock does not seem to work .

Auto Lock :
The timing options in auto lock says 30 / 60 / 90 Seconds .

I have no clue what this does as i tried simulating these options and nothing happens.

Cheers,

Athique
Doors will not lock if a key leaves car surrounding before a passenger closes door. I've learned to wait for everyone to close doors and then leave.

Chas is correct about the other question

@chas,

Thank you for the info.

@darekd,

Will have to make sure that everybody leaves the car before i get out.

I was assuming that they both went hand in hand (Walk away lock & Auto Lock ).

Cheers,

Athique.

Yes, all doors have to be closed, and all keys have to be outside of the car. You will then hear a single beep, sort like an 'armed' signal. When you walk away, you will hear another beep to tell you it has locked. I've learned to stay at my door for a few seconds until all of the doors have closed and I hear that first beep.

Back