Valve Cover.........?

Im buying a new 08' mazda 3s touring. Now if i've done my homework right, the mazda 3 i know has the 2.3L in it. I was wondering if it was the same 2.3L motor thats in the ford focus. If so will the focus cosworth valve cover fit onto the 3 or for that matter all bolt on focus parts? I dont really know much about mazdas, i've driven a DSM all my life. Any help or tips would be great.

P.S. What free mods are out there for the 3? I know DSM's have a ton.

Thanks

free mods are limited to 2-3 i would say. as far as focus parts bolting up its not a good idea as we have a tbw and they don't as well as vvt and other doodads and thingamadoos. do a couple searches for the focus and cosworth and you will see that its been discussed a lot. good luck with your new car!

thanks tsunami for the help!! Do you know where i might be able to get another stock valve cover? I just really dont like the look of the plastic under the hood, so i think i might just buy another valve cover and have it painted flat red to look like a b18c red top in JDM civics.

you mean the actual valve cover or the plastic deco piece that is over it that just pops off? you can remove the deco peice if you want but a lot of guys have painted the deco peice and had good luck with it.

Back