Valentine One Mounting Mazda 3

pwestlink

I would be interested in learning how others have installed their Valentine one radar detectors in thier Mazda 3 sedans. Pictures and narrative welcomed. I have seen one installation that hangs from the mirror but I am not impressed. I would prefer to have a very low profile. Not sure if the rain indicator would mess up receiveing singals either. Just got my Mazda 3 last night and almost got nailed this morning by a NCHP Charger. Luckly he got the guy in front of me. (five-0)I am not that concerned with laser as there are not many in my home state of NC. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Quite a few Mazda3 and MS3 owners have used the under mirror mount without a problem in regards to the rain sensor. Quite frankly, I think the under mirror mount is a pretty stealthy and functional way of mounting a radar detector and I can't think of much else you can do to be more "low profile." The unit has to sit SOMEWHERE in the field of vision...

Valentine one

Thanks, I have seen a nice stealth installs but on other type of cars. Nicest one I have seen in built into the middle of the rear seat with a remote display in the dash. Maybe someone else might reply.

What? Mounted the radar detector in the middle of the rear seat?! I hope they relocated the antenna on the unit then...

I don't drive nearly enough highway to consider messing around that much with a radar detector. And they're more or less useless in the city and that's where I do most of my driving.

Good luck

After toying around, I am going to install mine in the headliner above the RVM, Just bought a remote display but would be intersted in seeing where other have theirs. I ran the wire across the visor and down the A-Pillar, between the pillar and the dash, inside the weather stripping in the door, under the dash thru the clip and into the cig lighter, Think I will keep the telephone end in the glove compartment when not in use and then just plug the remote into the cig lighter until I see some better ideas. Love my Valentine. Please share, I am really intersted in seeing what others have done.

Mazda 3 Valentine One placement

Yes, it is a little obstructed out the back window due to my head as the driver but I don't think it is significant reduces the sensitivity. It has a pretty good line of sight directly out the back but my head does take away alittle on the side. I appear to get pretty good reception but time will tell(doh)

hmmm somebody, and i forgot who, posted a link to site that carries some really nice custom mounts. I wish i could remember it...

Yes, they make mounts for the DH as well. Pwestlink, post some pics of your set up. I am having a hard time seeing how you mounted it. Almost everyone has them hanging from the rear view mirror. They are hard to see there and get great reception out the front and back.

Back