Upper Sliding door seal (leading edge of "B" pillar) coming off.

J.P.

:
09 Mazda 5 GT, '88 GTX
I don't know how common this is, but on our 5, the "B" pillar door seal on the front edge of the sliding door lost 2 clips. I am fairly sure that certain family members (who shall remain nameless) grab the door there, instead of using the handle when opening the door. Anyways, the dealer had the clips in stock, and they just snap into place.

CDN$1.32 each (probably = US$0.25 - LOL), and the part number is BP4K-58-762. It took the parts guy a while to find the clip part number, so I thought I would post it in case someone else needs it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5_B_Pillar.jpg
    5_B_Pillar.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 659
Those are the little push in pins that hold the trim? They are black, button heads right? I was missing one from when the car was delivered and couldn't find the part number. I went to an online diagram but it only listed the trim itself, not the clips. I could see them getting broken from someones shoulder when entering if they didn't lock the door open(my mother-in-law every single time.....). Thanks for the part number, thats a good find!

Ours is missing about 6 of those. The dealer wants $1.50 apiece. Looking for an alternative. Definitely not 25 here in the good ol' US of A.

Latest posts

Back