Updating my interior..

Hmm...is possible,but i will be careful cause spray have a way of getting everywhere.
I will make the extra effort to get it out and paint.

and please make sure you clean off everything before you spray even if it looks clean! I started to do a color change on one of my cars back in the day and serious ****** it up becuase I didnt get all the armorall/ oiles ect ect off of it. The fusion paint never dried it was always tacky even after a few months of baking in the suck.

yeah your right i asked my wif about it and she said just to paint mine so thats what im gonna do she said she liked alot and made the car look brand new....thanks shes gonna alow me to attemp this also and maybe shell like my car more

Lol,my wife everytime i tell her i did something new on my car just look at me like: ok baby......
Some of them don't understand,but is true ,they like it more because it makes it look newer .

Lol,my wife everytime i tell her i did something new on my car just look at me like: ok baby......
Some of them don't understand,but is true ,they like it more because it makes it look newer .

u live n miami sweet maybe u can help me with my protege since we livei n the same area

Argie, where did you get the door panels done? and is that new fabric or just added on to the old one? i love the way they look and would like the same (with diff colors) for my car.
thanks for the info!
you also have a PM, btw. thanks!

I asked one guy at work,his mom owns an upholstery place so he offered to do it for little money for me.
The fabris is Vinyl in black,he took the old fabric out and used contact cement,then found a red vinyl and fabricated the trim .

I have a question. I'm about to add red leds to a p5 gauge cluster by replacing the 194s on the back of the cluster. The fade control still works with leds? Anyone recommendation for the leds to use? Thanks!

I have a question. I'm about to add red leds to a p5 gauge cluster by replacing the 194s on the back of the cluster. The fade control still works with leds? Anyone recommendation for the leds to use? Thanks!

Yes,the fade control works with the LEDs.
You will need 2 #194 and 2 #74
Try to buy the 360 degree LEDs.
try v-leds or superbrightleds.com
Regards

where did you find the cigarette lighter surround? I really like that idea, haven't seen it done much around here.

I bought a cigarrette lighter on ebay form UK,an "amber" color,then i took the plastic surround and spray it with red stainglass Aerosol paint.
Once it dried out,i put it back on the lighter and then on the lighter hole.
After that i went under the console (you have to take the center console,arm rest)and place a LED stripe around the plastic lighter surround which i taped with electric tape,tapped the wires to the shifter plate light indicator,so it will light up everytime you turn your headlights /panel lights on.
It looks complicated but actually is not.
You may want to find an amber surround and buy the red LED strip and call it the day.
let me know if you need more help.

thanks! btw, I went through the whole thread, and I give you credit for all the good work. The car's interior looks great!

Thanks for your kind words!
It's a neverending work,always smething you wont to modify or improve.
Regards

I see you have the Wings west front bumper,i do too but i shaved the side wings lol

hows it goin argie...any new mods yet?

hey Speed!!
Not really,riches running low lol.
I am trying to find one of the fogs to replace the one i bought from a member and it came with a broken glass(in pieces),so when i have both of them i will install them.
the other mod i am waiting to do is the CF wrap on the lower part of the front bumper,i am just a little lazy lately.
What about you??

no much just parts collecting till the day i can put the puzzle together. funds are low also hence the long wait.
cool well when you start again keep us posted. and sorry to hear about your fogs. i just got me a set luckaly seller wrapped them in a s*** load of newspapre so no damage there. cant say that about the rust on them but what can you do. ill keep a look out for some and let you know when i comoe across a set or a single. I might pick up another set just to have as back ups incase mine break.

no much just parts collecting till the day i can put the puzzle together. funds are low also hence the long wait.
cool well when you start again keep us posted. and sorry to hear about your fogs. i just got me a set luckaly seller wrapped them in a s*** load of newspapre so no damage there. cant say that about the rust on them but what can you do. ill keep a look out for some and let you know when i comoe across a set or a single. I might pick up another set just to have as back ups incase mine break.

Cool,i have a set of 2001/03 sedan fogs (not the P5 or MSP) that i will put for sale soon,they are used and still wrapped .
Let me know if anyone wnats it,i may be able to exchange for the round ones.

Thanks for your kind words!
It's a neverending work,always smething you wont to modify or improve.
Regards

Very true! BTW, i forgot if you ever changed the window switch led to red. It says "AUTO", mine is green, want to change it to red. Also the Illumination dimmer is green.

Latest posts

Back