Updated USB to enable AA/Carplay and lost turn signals and Climate control blower

topdog11ttc

:
2016 mazda cx-5 touring
So Yesterday I disconnected my battery and took apart my CMU on my 2016 CX-5. Added the updated USB to enable Carplay. Everything went smooth, used the drill out method so I didn't have to disassemble the center console. Carplay worked fine after. So I buttoned everything up and went to bed. This morning I got in my car turned on the heater and nothing... blower wasn't turning on. Then I get to the first intersection turn on my blinker and the dash indicator started blinking fast like a car does when a bulb is out. Left and right blinker caused the same effect Rapid flashing on the dash indicator. Got to work and got outside and saw that neither the front or the rear blinkers were working. Hazards are working like normal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Never mind fixed my problem. Disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and everything was back to normal after.

What is the drill out method you mentioned? Ive been wanting to update my wifes 18 CX5 and my mother in laws 3 but havent really wanted to take apart the dash.

That's a great tip that saves a lot of labor pulling apart the center console.

Back