Unlock trip computer on non GT MS3

Sorry if this may annoy anyone who's been here a long time but as of now I can't even get DIS ON or anything on my 08 MS3. I've been following the guide to the letter but I can't even get the DIS ON.

I've also googled it and found some stuff about it on edmunds and some other Mazda forum but no luck at all on my car.

Maybe it's the build date but I ain't giving up yet (spin)

For those of you who have 08's if you were sucessfull please keep posting.
Build date (on the driver's side near tire info) could also be usefull. Also what have you done differently from the original instructions...

Best

Oh and for the lucky ones i found this on edmunds. I know it is not MS3 but still a 3.

Quote:

For those of you with the 08, it is possible to unlock the DIS. I have an 08 3i touring and was able to unlock to DIS. Follow the steps for the 07, but instead of just pressing the 'Set' button :)00 on the 08), you must HOLD the button down for approx. 5 seconds and release after getting the 'DIS ON' message from the unit. I also noticed that even though it is unlocked, I still have to press and hold the :00 button for ~5 seconds each time I switch from the clock to the DIS.

End Quote.

Didn't work for me(help)

I'm still waiting for the guy who turned off the torque limiter to remember how he did it and tell us!

I'm still waiting for the guy who turned off the torque limiter to remember how he did it and tell us!

lol..me?

hold down DSC button on left console panel while key goes in ignition and start the car. Hold just a second longer after the car starts, and both lights should stay on (the Traction light, and the DSC off light.) You're done! Be careful, all stability intervention systems (ABS, brake force distribution, skid control) are all disabled. Don't wreck.

So does this trip computer thing stay on afterwards permanently; after turning off the car...? Or do you have to enable it every time you start the car...? What if you disconnect the battery, does that reset everything and then you have to enable it again...?

So does this trip computer thing stay on afterwards permanently; after turning off the car...? Or do you have to enable it every time you start the car...? What if you disconnect the battery, does that reset everything and then you have to enable it again...?

I think we are hijacking the thread. The DSC off trick does not stay permantly. Once you turn off the car, the system goes back to normal.

I believe what importgirl212 was referring to with disconnectiong the battery, is the DIS trick.

I think we are hijacking the thread. The DSC off trick does not stay permantly. Once you turn off the car, the system goes back to normal.

I believe what importgirl212 was referring to with disconnectiong the battery, is the DIS trick.

Thats what I was referring to... The DIS; trip computer...

I think this unlocked the tire pressure monitoring too; as per my recollection, I don't have this option, but this morning it was the coldest since I got my car (in May) and I had the light on and all this beeping. Is that a standard 'Speed3 option, because I just have the sport?

LOL,...no there isn't an unlock for tire pressure monitoring. You just have a low tire this morning. The TPMS is a Safety thing, and is standard with this car.

Can't Wait

Oh man, what a great mod. I can't wait to get home and try it on my '07 M3 SP23.

Will post back with how it goes.

LOL,...no there isn't an unlock for tire pressure monitoring. You just have a low tire this morning. The TPMS is a Safety thing, and is standard with this car.

Ok, cool; I did add some air, I was around 31-29 on all of them. I get confused sometimes because I had an '05 Mazda 3s before this, and side airbags, anti-locks, tpm; all these were 'options' on my 3s I didn't elect. I assumed that trend followed over.

If I recall correctly, I think EVERY vehicle made after 2007 must have some form of tire monitoring system. There is more then one, and some do not require the sensors in each tire, but I believe it is a federally mandated issue.

Example: Ford Taurus uses a wheel-speed sensor that detects a change in rolling circumference as measured over a period of time, and due to the way a flattened tire responds in regards to circumference, it works well enough for a car like the Taurus, one that has relatively high profile tires. Our cars utilize a much lower profile and thus stiffer tire, and it looks like it rolls about the same if it is at 15psi as much as 30psi, at least from visuals. I would think this cheaper implementation that the Taurus uses is probably insufficient for our car.

I could be wrong on this theory, but I don't think I am, I do believe that every vehicle must have it these days. Just like all cars must have a CAN-Bus computer system as well. The gov't really got involved!

If I recall correctly, I think EVERY vehicle made after 2007 must have some form of tire monitoring system. There is more then one, and some do not require the sensors in each tire, but I believe it is a federally mandated issue.

Example: Ford Taurus uses a wheel-speed sensor that detects a change in rolling circumference as measured over a period of time, and due to the way a flattened tire responds in regards to circumference, it works well enough for a car like the Taurus, one that has relatively high profile tires. Our cars utilize a much lower profile and thus stiffer tire, and it looks like it rolls about the same if it is at 15psi as much as 30psi, at least from visuals. I would think this cheaper implementation that the Taurus uses is probably insufficient for our car.

I could be wrong on this theory, but I don't think I am, I do believe that every vehicle must have it these days. Just like all cars must have a CAN-Bus computer system as well. The gov't really got involved!

In this instance I'm happy for gov't interference; I got std anti-lock, air bags, tire monitoring, etc. in my '05 3s I didn't get sh-it for standard, it had four wheels and a seat and I was happy. :) I will do away with my cats soon enough, and replace them with a Cobb highflow; I'm in IN, our gov't don't give a hoot or a holler 'bout none a them there remissions policies. Teehee.

Mate, you are an absolute legend!!!

I can confirm that this works on a 2005 Australian Mazda 3 SP23, so I now have the trip computer up and working!

Freaking outstanding, now I just need to figure out how to make that media button do something, it seems such a waste having a button that doesnt do anything on my console!! :)

Interestingly, it is not an option on my year car, nor was it offered as an upgrade at all, and the MPS models were only a flicker in the imagination at the time we bought our SP23, so that's one heck of an undocumented feature....
Oh man. I just tried this on my Sept '07 SP23 with the Bose Sound System.

I can't get it to work. Any tips? My stereo has a button setup like this:

TIME - SET - FM1/2 - AM - CD - MEDIA

Does my build date place it in the "08" Category?

Oh man. I just tried this on my Sept '07 SP23 with the Bose Sound System.

I can't get it to work. Any tips? My stereo has a button setup like this:

TIME - SET - FM1/2 - AM - CD - MEDIA

Does my build date place it in the "08" Category?
If you have the SET button, it is the 07 version. Make sure your radio is on before you start the procedure.

If you have the SET button, it is the 07 version. Make sure your radio is on before you start the procedure.
Thanks Rotus.

So in my instance, following the instructions would I hold down:

FM1/2 - AM - CD

as I turn the car on?

Or does the car have to be in "accessories" then press the buttons down, and then start it?

Back