Unichip 16-17psi...

zx12ninja

:
Black Mica MSP
Should I be concerned about my Unichip spiking at 16-17psi and then dropping to 11-12psi? (Map B boost off) Will I most likely blow the damn thing up? I think I have supporting mods for this (ION FMIC, GHL Turbo Back), but Im concerned about the injectors not being able to handle this amount of boost.

yes. I would be worried about your rods more than your injectors.
That's a huge spike IMO.

zx12ninja said:
Should I be concerned about my Unichip spiking at 16-17psi and then dropping to 11-12psi? (Map B boost off) Will I most likely blow the damn thing up? I think I have supporting mods for this (ION FMIC, GHL Turbo Back), but Im concerned about the injectors not being able to handle this amount of boost.

If your Map A/B (low octane/ High octane) switch is in the B position and your boost switch is in the Off position and you have that high a boost spike; I would suspect a leak in the vac line going to the waste gate.

I've got the Unichip. It boosts to 15 and bleeds to 12 with the EBC on. I'd shut the EBC switch off and check your hoses. Worse comes to worse, you'll have to send it in to be tuned. When I'm done with some more mods, I'm going to get mine tuned. Also call Unichip and tell them the problem you're having. you may have to send it back. It's supposed to go to 15 not above.

srd555 said:
If your Map A/B (low octane/ High octane) switch is in the B position and your boost switch is in the Off position and you have that high a boost spike; I would suspect a leak in the vac line going to the waste gate.
Everything looks to be connected. I think it's just not tunned right for my other mods. thanks.

The Unichip is designed to run 10-12psi. Anything above that and something is not right. Be it with the gauge, the car, or the Unichip.... Something is not working properly.

There has been suggestions the bost controller itself (blue metal piece) is to blame for this spiking issue. I recently came across the Perrin Performance EBCS recently. They say it will work with Unichip so I might try one here shortly.

Luckily, Unichip and Perrin Performance are both local companies here.

Due to the lack of published info on these units with this specific vehichle (besides posts here) I'm tempted to just build my own website for Q&A.

Back