Unexplained Beeping Noise?

While I can't imagine anything on CX9 that beeps but shows no light on dash,
if I were you I would
- tighten battery terminals
- if it has been more than 3 yrs, replace the battery

Low voltage can cause many strange behavior.
A loose terminal could cause temporary loss of current, causing some electronics to sound off.

My CX-9 beeps inside when it loses signal with the key while driving.

We had this same issue. The beeping was very random and pretty darn annoying. Our dealership's techs were also stumped, and took about 5 hours to admit defeat. We were considering trying to get them to take the car back, swap us for another CX-9, etc. We'd had the car less than a week at this point.

I eventually figured it out by trial and error. It is the dimmer switch for the main instrument panel. If it is adjusted to anything other than the highest setting we get the random beeping. Turned all the way up: no beeping.

EDIT: I should mention that the beeping we were hearing is the same beep that the dimmer makes when turned all the way up. And there is no corresponding indicator light for this beep, unless you count the bright instrument panel.

You are the MAN!!! I have the same random beeping issue just over the weekend. Also, if the headlights are turned on, it won't beep. It is the same been sound as the dimmer control. I turned it back and forth a few times and left it at the same dim level as before. It doesn't beep now. What a "bleeping" nuance!

When you say the instrument panel you mean the gauges right. That is the only one that i know of in my cx9. Or is there another one for the lighting for the buttons for the heat, ac, radio etc.

there's only one, by the upper left corner of your instrument panel (or gauge as you called it).

my issue might be realated!

HI,

I have swapped my car with a coleague for couple of days, I notised when I got my Mazda cx9 Grand Tourque back that a 3-Beeps sound happens once I get over a speed hump, however when I go very slowly over the hump I dont hear this beep sound. I also realised that it is related to only the right rear wheel, I think it is a suspention issue!

I knew that my coleague had over loaded my car carring on board 9 of her friends; 9 x 60kg = approximetly 540Kg. maybe that damaged somehow the the rear suspention system! I hope not !

so maybe your isue is the same, did you notice that the three beep sounds are comming once you get on a rough road or get on a hump or so...?

Please let me know what you think!

Bash

Last edited:
my issue might be related!

well, my problem is soved now ;) apparently part of a thick plastic bag was left under the boot door, so that the door was not perfectly closed! and the beeps were meant to draw driver's attention to that issue..

I hope your problem is solved by now!

Bash

We had something similar in our CX-5 and noticed that whenever it beeped 3 times there was also a flashing red icon on the map warning of a speed camera or red light camera. You can disable this by going to Main Menu (tap anywhere on map) > Services > Speed Cameras > Alert Settings or Disable alerts.

ATTN ALL:
I had this same problem the other day and I remembered what was causing it. It's been said on here before but I am glad to re-state this fact: the random beeping sound is from the brightness control on the dash. It beeps once it is on full brightness while adjusting it. I found that taking it down just 1 notch from full brightness will fix any random beeping. Just remember that next time you hear it, and it should stop. If not, then the dealership can fix it =P

Hello all, we are excited to be new owners of a 2010 Mazda CX-9, FWD, Touring, with Moonroof/Bose and Power-liftgate. One small problem, since we picked up the car earlier in the week, we have heard an unexplained random beeping noise while driving (it is a Touring and does not have Blind Spot Monitoring). It happens maybe once every thirty minutes or so, a series of beeps, and then nothing for awhile. I thought it might have been coming from the radio but it is not. We are bringing in for service and hope it is a quick fix. Anyone else heard of this issue with the CX-9 or other Mazda's? Do you know what it could be? Your input is appreciated. Otherwise, it is a great car and runs fantastic. Thanks!

I had this same problem the other day and I remembered what was causing it. It's been said on here before but I am glad to re-state this fact: the random beeping sound is from the brightness control on the dash. It beeps once it is on full brightness while adjusting it. I found that taking it down just 1 notch from full brightness will fix any random beeping. Just remember that next time you hear it, and it should stop. If not, then the dealership can fix it =P

Do you happen to have a phone connected via BT? I have noticed that I get a beep from the Bose every time my wife's iPhone receives an email or a text message.

Hello all, we are excited to be new owners of a 2010 Mazda CX-9, FWD, Touring, with Moonroof/Bose and Power-liftgate. One small problem, since we picked up the car earlier in the week, we have heard an unexplained random beeping noise while driving (it is a Touring and does not have Blind Spot Monitoring). It happens maybe once every thirty minutes or so, a series of beeps, and then nothing for awhile. I thought it might have been coming from the radio but it is not. We are bringing in for service and hope it is a quick fix. Anyone else heard of this issue with the CX-9 or other Mazda's? Do you know what it could be? Your input is appreciated. Otherwise, it is a great car and runs fantastic. Thanks!
Seat belt?

The only thing I recall beeping is when you leave the parking brake on. Perhaps you have the ebrake shoes not completely releasing?

Back