Underboosting. Why?

So those of you who live in the Northeast, you know how bad the blizzard was over the weekend.

For those of you don't don't live in the Northeast, we were hit by a pretty bad blizzard. 2.5 - 3 feet of snow.

I usually boost at 6psi, but after the blizzard, i'm boosting 2-3 psi lower than usual.

I'm not saying they're related, just telling you when it happened. It happened right after the blizzard.

Any ideas why i'm underboosting?

thats wierd? we are getting around 12" here in mn hopefully i dont get the underboost bug. but for real i have no idea? did the temps get real cold?

what about a frozen air filter??? If It's getting vacuum in the fresh air intake pipe that will kill your turbo in a big hurry. Suck oil right out the compressor seal...

Mmm that is pretty odd, I usually get more boost in the cold plus that b**** fuel cut interupts my pushes but yea usual 6-7 psi in the cold 5 in the heat. Maybe so cold you mani shrunk a bit lol cracked mani?

colder temps will result in lower boost levels.

before the blizzard it was in the 40-50s. since it has been in the 20s or lower. colder air is denser, so less boost is required to reach load targets.

I am tuned for 18psi and cant get over 13psi in this weather

Last edited:
Back