UK member with a question

g12bey

:
MPS 6
We've just get the Mazdaspeed 6 over here, called 6MPS.

Are you guys havng any issues with Tramlining and general pulling away from the crown of the road.

The dealers here have no idea, as no history. We run 18" rims with Bridgestone Potenza tyres. The car pulls in either direction except if you drive straddling the crown, which makes me believe it must just be the wide tyres causing tramlining? will be very intersted in your comments. Car been in shop today for Alignment, but no errors found, car only done 300 miles!!

Thanks in advance

cars with aggressive alignment settings exhibit this behavior... the mazdaspeed protege also did this, it's normal.... if your car doesn't pull slightly to the left, then there's something wrong with the alignment

TheMAN said:
cars with aggressive alignment settings exhibit this behavior... the mazdaspeed protege also did this, it's normal.... if your car doesn't pull slightly to the left, then there's something wrong with the alignment

Thanks for that, would you expect when driving along a highway, you would be correcting the steering to the centre of the road pretty constantly? just trying to ensure we're talking about the same effect.

I've got the Mazdaspeed 6 and it does the same thing, it will follow any ridges in the road surface, my modified mazda 3s also did this. I'm pretty sure it's just caused by the stiff sidewall in the low profile tires on the car. As long as the cas isn't consistantly pulling to one side I wouldn't worry about it.

Back