Ugh...Tired of seeing the CX-5 everywhere

Mazda Miata is ALWAYS in the top 10 best sports cars of the world list - every year for decades- its balanced near perfectly , you can control it like no other car - the drivetrain is an everlasting gobstopper and nobody actually knows how long it will run..
( mx-5) will it run 200, 300 or 500k miles? some say A Million - seriously - they wont quit if properly cared for -Those who criticize have never experienced one - Its the cessna of airplanes- the plane jet pilots have in thier hangar - formula 1 drivers have Miatas in thier home garage - its not about horsepower ... Its what a Miata teaches you- a drifting delight - 100% total control - all manually achieved ---nothing like it , and never will be .Had a 96 -british race green - stick - one handed tan rag top - used to drive it up hwy 1 in Ca from SF to Mendoccino and back - drove it like i stole it - never one problem - never -

You're preaching to the choir man! The MX isn't prefect, close though. Close enough anyways.

Some folks have had serious problems with the transmissions. Not me, but plenty of others have. Some have been replaced under warranty and some out of pocket.

Mazda is aware...

I love this car but, unfortunately, it's almost time to put her to bed for the long winters nap. My Miata will NOT see any snow or salt, ever.

You're preaching to the choir man! The MX isn't prefect, close though. Close enough anyways.

Some folks have had serious problems with the transmissions. Not me, but plenty of others have. Some have been replaced under warranty and some out of pocket.

Mazda is aware...

I love this car but, unfortunately, it's almost time to put her to bed for the long winters nap. My Miata will NOT see any snow or salt, ever.
True nothing is perfect -- We still cannot make a perfect circle ( irrationality of pi# ) -- thus cannot engineer any spherical part in perfection ( piston , tire etc ) but in the MX case -- different years different issues- The late 90s stuff seemed pretty good == but I never had long term ownership experience- I would definitely garage an MX in winter if it was not a primary vehicle - I want to know why nobody ever mentions the 1992-1994 Mazda MX-3 ! v6 - coupe , what happened to that car !

Last edited:
In my opinion people are underestimating Mazda. They are a world class car. Yes it's a small company but they try harder and give you more for your money. Some with other suv's have them because they have more storage room for families, not a whole lot more but some. Yes some on this board have reported problems but every auto manufacturer has them. So far I like mine!

In my opinion people are underestimating Mazda. They are a world class car. Yes it's a small company but they try harder and give you more for your money. Some with other suv's have them because they have more storage room for families, not a whole lot more but some. Yes some on this board have reported problems but every auto manufacturer has them. So far I like mine

In my opinion people are underestimating Mazda. They are a world class car. Yes it's a small company but they try harder and give you more for your money. Some with other suv's have them because they have more storage room for families, not a whole lot more but some. Yes some on this board have reported problems but every auto manufacturer has them. So far I like mine!

Who are you saying is underestimating Mazda? Everyone here owns at least one, so it can't be us.

Back in 2014 when I bought mine, I saw about 6 locally and that didn't change much for months. Contrary to what I said a few months back regarding the ratio of Gen2 vs Gen1, I started paying closer attention and am seeing probably 5-8 of Gen 2 to Gen 1. They sure have gotten popular. Of course, those of us who have Gen 1 recognized an awesome machine when we saw it and jumped right in (pats self on back). LOL

Back