Turbosmart BOV help

CocoMs3

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Ok so i have the turbosmart dual port bov, i cant get it just rite . When i put it all the way hard i backfire when i shift higher in the rpm's . Any suggestions ?

i just bought it lmao, i dont want to sell it lol . But ill try a little softer .what kind of issues are you having issues with urs ?

turbosmart.jpg

If you still can't get it to adjust properly, please consider taking the loss and going back to the stock BPV. It is a very sophisticated dual diaphram design. Extremely advanced. It performs flawlessly at boost levels way above the safe boost limits of the stock K04 turbo. I'm running 19-20 psi boost on a HT tuned car with fully catless 3 inch downpipe/racepipe and other mods as shown in sig. I simply cannot, I repeat, cannot get the stock valve to leak or malfunction, not even at 55,000 miles of very spirited driving.

And whatever BPV you use, please run it in full recirc mode. Any mixed mode that allows any air to escape to atmosphere is producing an air to fuel mismatch. This is a MAF sensor regulated engine. The sensor is located between the airbox or your SRI or CAI tubing and your turbo inlet pipe. It uses the mass of air flowing over that sensor to calculate the amount of fuel that will be injected by the fuel injectors directly into the combustion chambers of your cylinder head. A true 100% recirc BPV will make sure that all of the metered air gets sent back through the intake following release of the valve during a shift. This keeps air to fuel ration measurements accurate. If any of that air gets farted to atmosphere, then the car will run rich. It's already running pig rich to begin with and this makes things worse. The ECU will keep trying to figure out and adjust for the mismatch from the missing air. Eventually it simply detunes the car to keep the afr's at it's pre-mapped level. You end with less air and less fuel entering the engine. That means less power.

Do yourself and your engine a huge favor and run whatever BPV you have in full recirc mode. And give that stock BPV a second try. After comparing it to your TS, I think if you are really critical and honest with yourself, you'll conclude that the stock valve is better. Just one opinon.

Last edited:
thanks for all the help, ended up going back to stock . waist of 250 $ but saving my car lol .

@goob_os101 if you hate it, i'm interested in buying a turbosmart dual port bov. keep me in mind if you plan on selling it :)

you think that could apply to a speed 2003.5 with same blowoff valve ??

if your asking about the effect of the turbo smart bov on the 2003.5 MSP then i can answer, i had that car and tried to run the TurboSmart BOV and i had issues with the car stalling, i pretty mush had to run it in full recirc. to prevent it, but still had other issues, went back to stock bpv an never had any issues.

Back