turbo/bov n00b!

NRRfrogmanP5

King of the City!
Contributor
:
'16 CX-9 GT
ok so i have an 08 cx7. im picking up a hks bov next week. and i have been hearing i might throw a code if its recirculating but i also saw somewhere i can put it in recirculating mode ? does that sound right ? i really have no idea about turbos lol i been a p5 driver for the past 8 years so im used to slow and low lol. anyone care to dumb this down for me? greatly appreciated!(boom06)

yeah, you don't want to run it in VTA mode. VTA = Vent to atmosphere = air leaves the system via the BOV making the noise that people associate with turbos
BPV = bypass valve = recirculating, closed system that redirects the air back into the intake.
these engines are designed to recycle the air.

for the HKS, there is an adapter that you can use to convert it to BPV.

would it still make the sound if i get the adapter? i dont mean to sound like a ricer lol i know literally nothing about these things, but thanks for the info

i have the forge BPV, and it makes a very noticeable chirp. some people don't like it, but i'm a fan.

interesting. im now thinking about selling it. lol i posted a for sale thread. not sure i want to deal with any problems. if i hook it up or there is not real reason to have it i guess.

Back