2010 CX7 Hesitates When Accelerating

2010 Mazda CX7 (130,000 miles) hesitates now when accelerating and is throwing a random misfire code on cylinder 3. We just recently had the 2 gaskets by the turbo changed by the dealer within the past month. Today we changed the spark plug and coils and that didn't help. :-( So disappointed with this car as I only had it 3 months and it was running good when I got it.

2010 Mazda CX7 (130,000 miles) hesitates now when accelerating and is throwing a random misfire code on cylinder 3. We just recently had the 2 gaskets by the turbo changed by the dealer within the past month. Today we changed the spark plug and coils and that didn't help. :-( So disappointed with this car as I only had it 3 months and it was running good when I got it.
I would search our own CX-7 Forum (we're here to help each other if we can) as someone may have posted about this issue in the past. First, click the link below and then click the search icon at the top right, after click on the dropdown and change "Everywhere" to "This forum" and then conduct your search. :)

If you're still seeking answers, there are Members here who are familiar with the CX-7 and hopefully they'll chime in. Have you considered getting a second opinion, trying a different shop or dealer?

Possibly a dirty or faulty fuel injector on cylinder 3. Try some fuel injector cleaner first before replacing the fuel injector.

You can try swapping the fuel injector on cylinder 3 to a different cylinder, first clear the CEL with a code reader and if the code is now on the cylinder you swapped the fuel injector to the fuel injector is the issue.

@patza07 I am having a similar problem on my 2007 Mazda CX-7 have you resolved the issue?

We had the same problem. Changed sparks and coils. In the end we used Cataclean which solved the problem. Posting this even though the original question is some years old now - maybe my answer will help someone.

Back