True Red Speed 3 on gloss black powdercoated wheels!

Not going to speak for him and he could have gotten a really good deal but powder coating itself is easy, it is getting the factory coat off that is expensive. The wheel has to be RAW. To blast it off can take 6-8 hours a wheel, very spendy. To chemically have it removed takes 14 days but is only about $15 a wheel. Pretty good. Powder coating should then only cost you about $50 a wheel depending on color. Gloss black is common and should be in stock so the price SHOULD stay consistent. Again, he may have a hook up or a freind so you never know but I have done EXTENSIVE research into the process here in good ol'DETROIT and have found it to not be cheap but cheaper than replacing with aftermarket.

Great look by the way, they came out clean as can be!

Not going to speak for him and he could have gotten a really good deal but powder coating itself is easy, it is getting the factory coat off that is expensive. The wheel has to be RAW. To blast it off can take 6-8 hours a wheel, very spendy. To chemically have it removed takes 14 days but is only about $15 a wheel. Pretty good. Powder coating should then only cost you about $50 a wheel depending on color. Gloss black is common and should be in stock so the price SHOULD stay consistent. Again, he may have a hook up or a freind so you never know but I have done EXTENSIVE research into the process here in good ol'DETROIT and have found it to not be cheap but cheaper than replacing with aftermarket.

Great look by the way, they came out clean as can be!

Bill,

Who have you found that will powdercoat it around here? I'm honestly contemplating it!

Back