TRMotorsport C1M Fitment 15x7 +30?

Max Archer

:
'12 Mazda 2 Touring 5MT/'87 325IS 2DR 5MT
I've been looking at wheels, and Tire Rack has a "C1M" version of their wheels, which are 15x7 and +30 offset. The only show up when searching for Miata and not for Mazda2. I notice that plenty of people seem to be doing fine with Koseis that are in the same size range and even lower offset (+25 I think?)

Should the C1Ms fit fine on my car? I'm only going to be slightly lowered so fender clearance isn't so much an issue as just having the wheels stick out and look stupid.

These are 6.5.
Only half an inch more. The back should look fine but the front will stick out a bit.
38 offset.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
They'll fit. I already talked to TireRack about this and they only changed their wheel search so that the +42 version would show up in the mazda2 search. I'd pick up a set of the +30 C1Ms for myself if they came in gunmetal instead of the light grey or black. Pick a set up. I had the black +30s on a Miata I used to have. They'll look fine. Corksport is running a similar wheel that's 15x7 with a +25 offset and it looks awesome.
CS, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those were the specs I saw somewhere awhile back.

Sounds reasonably promising so far then. I wish somebody had these on their car already so I could see.

Interesting how "flush" the 6.5 +38s look but the 15x7 25 offset Koseis don't stick out. I guess there's a lot of variation in the actual wheel design.

What I really want is 6ULs but these will be a lot cheaper, especially since I can actually drive to Tire Rack's warehouse and pick them up.

Last edited:
Yeah mine are really flush on the front end. The rear sinks in a bit but it still looks good.
That wheel gap is still bad. Waiting on those CS strut/spring.

I just got the C1Ms put on my 2 the other day. I threw the stock tires on for now, they fit pretty much like kwaits92 said. They could almost use a bit of a spacer on the rear to even them out. But a guy could always get 30's for the front and 25's for the back if you aren't worried about tire rotations.
I do notice that the steering feels a bit heavier, but more responsive with the wider track in the front.

I just got the C1Ms put on my 2 the other day. I threw the stock tires on for now, they fit pretty much like kwaits92 said. They could almost use a bit of a spacer on the rear to even them out. But a guy could always get 30's for the front and 25's for the back if you aren't worried about tire rotations.
I do notice that the steering feels a bit heavier, but more responsive with the wider track in the front.

So they don't noticeably stick out in the front or anything? That's mostly what I'm worried about. What kind of suspension is your car on?

I'm only going to be running a 7/8" drop up front with the Racing Beat springs so hopefully it'll look ok with these, I'll be running 195/55/15s to take up a little of the fender gap. (And so I don't kill my economy.)

Those look good. The M in the C1M is supposed to stand for Miata because they were meant for Spec Miata racing. They have 2 valve stem holes in them, not sure about regular C1 wheels. The hub bore is for Miatas so you don't have to use a hub ring, but I have no idea what size the center bore of a C1 is to compare. Are you running hub rings on yours and is there a 2nd valve stem hole?

Thanks for the explanation. Mine have only 1 valve stem hole, and did come with hub rings that I'm using. The second valve would have been nice, but I'm happy with these for the price.

Last edited:
So they don't noticeably stick out in the front or anything? That's mostly what I'm worried about. What kind of suspension is your car on?

I'm only going to be running a 7/8" drop up front with the Racing Beat springs so hopefully it'll look ok with these, I'll be running 195/55/15s to take up a little of the fender gap. (And so I don't kill my economy.)
They stick out just a hair with the stock suspension. I figure once I put some H&R's in they should be just flush.

Syco, did you get the +30, +20 or +42 C1Ms? Any pics yet?

I went with the 30mm offset all around. I kinda wish I had gone 20mm in the rear though, just even out the stance.

Those actually look really good, makes me feel better about getting the normal C1s. Maybe I'll just go with them after all, then. What suspension are you on?

By the way, did you swap the stock TPMS into the wheels?

Still on stock suspension. I'll try to take some side pics today, I think the combo of shadows in the wheel wells and a black car made it look lower in that pic.

I ordered the whole wheel/tire combo from Tirerack and got new sensors installed with their mount and balance option.

I am slammed with the C1M 15X7 +30 on OEM 185/55, and trust me, they rub in front. Badly. But it look great!

The solution is either camber-bolts (false solution to a true problem) or custom camber plates.

BTW, i'm actually talking with AAC (check the Agressive Auto Culture threads on this forum, they do custom parts for BJ Protegs that are truly amazing) to do some custom camber plates for us. I'm waiting confirmation, but it appear doable.

Still on stock suspension. I'll try to take some side pics today, I think the combo of shadows in the wheel wells and a black car made it look lower in that pic.

I ordered the whole wheel/tire combo from Tirerack and got new sensors installed with their mount and balance option.

Wow, they look pretty good on stock suspension. I think seeing that is basically enough for me to be OK with the normal C1s. I don't need my car to be "stanced" or anything.

I need to figure out what to do about the TPMS. $200 is a pretty big chunk to add to the price but it'd be a lot easier than getting my stock ones swapped.

So I got the C1Ms.

As stated, they could be even a little bit lower offset in the back.

The fronts could be a little higher, though. They're OK, especially with the slight stretch from putting my stock 185/55/15s on them, but I think a +35 would be optimal. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back