Transmission oil cooler replacement

I recently bought a Mazda5 2.0 Petrol Automate and being new to cars I should have checked better for leaks, leaks that later turned to be caused by a faulty transmission oil cooler radiator with a hole in it, now I cannot revert the purchase as it was a private transaction and the law doesn't cover much between privates.
It's being 2 days I'm trying to find a replacement part but seems like this specific car model's parts are rare, especially the radiator I'm looking for, I found a few from some US online stores but are for the 2.3 model, the only way to get my hands on the part I need is to order a new one from japan for the abnormal price of ~£600 (~$800) which I'd like to keep as the last resource.
Now let's get to the question: during my search I found some universal parts that resemble the original one, are those really compatible or just falsely advertised?
Did any of you had similar experiences and had found a cheaper way to solve this problem?

I'm attaching the picture of the broken part.
the part code is: lf6l-19-9f0

Attachments

• car part.png
    car part.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 113
I’d think you could buy any aftermarket universal transmission cooler. All it is is a little independent radiator that the transmission fluid runs through. I helped a coworkers (years ago) install a tranny cooler on an older turbo Chrysler he was doing some mods on. The universal one just sat in front of the radiator and had special plastic zip ties with padded discs (all heat resistant) which went through the vanes on both radiators and cinched it in place. Then just ran the lines to it.

I realize you aren’t in the states, but this came up with a quick google search. This is the type of kit we installed in his car.

1639663280134.jpeg

Yeah, it's just a small radiator. Any aftermarket one that is about the same size and will bolt up securely should work.

Latest posts

Back